An interesting take on Climate Change

Indeed yes, we’ll never know. In the meantime though, cleaner air would be good so still worth the effort of reducing emissions where possible.

Edit: This must be a coincidence …mustn’t it? With the fewer cars and aircraft there has been during these lockdowns, there has been a return of garden birds I haven’t seen in ages, Finches of various types, a thrush or two and even some sparrows. I wonder if they will disappear again when emissions are back to previous levels?

remember the amazing photos from India when their car pollution disappeared - let have a cleaner life fgs - we spend enough time in the house doing the same - don’t you ogf?

ogf can you do a precise of the articles cos there are ads I cannot get rid of and they are impacting the pages?

Greenpeace investigators in Turkey found plastic waste from leading supermarkets dumped, burned, piled into mountains and left to spill into rivers and the sea.

Greenpeace examined 10 locations around the southern Turkish city of Adana in March and published the data on Monday in its report, Trashed. It found plastic packaging from Tesco, Asda, Co-op, Aldi, Sainsbury’s, Lidl and Marks & Spencer dumped, left in bags or burned. Plastic rubbish from retailers such as B&Q, Debenhams, Poundland and Spar was also found.

The British waste had been exported recently. It included a coronavirus antigen test and a packet with a use-by date of August 2021.

:shock:

The fundamental problem inability to manage our plastic use and production.

It’s a pity that we don’t do our own plastic recycling Cinders, instead of sending stuff halfway around the world (using fuel and creating CO2) for it just to be dumped the same as we would probably have done.
Out of sight = Out of mind…:102:

We spend a fair amount of time cleaning and sorting it out, in the belief we doing our bit ,enough to drive you crazy. :104::017:

I was under the impression that China and SE Asia were now refusing to take our plastics?

Perhaps they have refused to take our plastics bret, that’s why it now goes to Turkey…

Hi

A personal view, I know others will disagree.

There are things we cannot influence, Humans do not control the basic laws of Physics.

We will have other Ice Ages, we will have Global Warming.

That is how the Universe works.

At the present time Europe is a good place to live.

It will not be soon in geological terms.

It will be uninhabitable and covered in ice.

The human race began in Africa, in what is now a desert with little rainfall.

The first humans were Black, not white.

In geological terms, white Anglo Saxons are a blip.

So is our current climate.

We cannot alter change, we can delay it, we can influence it, but that is all.

In terms of human history, we are the odd ones out.

We will soon be the migrants fleeing to the Equator.

Oh dear, this is going to put a lot of activist organisations out of work

1 Like

Better find a MUCH better resource than “Natural News”.

Nah! Natural News (formerly NewsTarget , which is now a separate sister site) is a far-right, anti-vaccination conspiracy theory and fake news website known for promoting alternative medicine, pseudoscience, disinformation, and far-right extremism.[1][8] The website began publishing articles in 2008 and is based in the United States.[1][5]

So in other words it’s a load of old shoemakers with zero credibility.

1 Like

Yes Todge, it is! Our present Cenozoic Era only began around 66 million years ago so in reality we have little to compare with. With the earth constantly changing, nobody can be certain of anything only that one day the Sun will consume this earth if a huge asteroid does not take us out first :point_down:

I agree, but you try telling that to the ‘global warming brigade’!
I have always insisted that the earth goes through enormous climatic changes. The evidence of past changes is there for all to see.
We should pay absolutely no heed to the trendy young bleating sheep.

2 Likes

I think the brits are enjoying climate change atm heh? and you always thought that Oz was the lucky country?

In my opinion the reply to both your observations is a resounding NO.

Earth’s most-northern reaches are actually experiencing persistent and long-lasting COOLING, which is far more telling than a brief burst of heat in, for example, Western Europe, which, 1) is forecast to be over before it’s even really begun, and 2) can be tied to entirely natural forcings–namely low solar activity and a violently ‘buckling’ jet stream flow (more on that below).

Wow! I can only assume that this is because of the global warming they keep ranting on about.

1 Like