An interesting item about electric vehicles …

My point still stands.

Can’t be bothered to read back the whole thread, but, has anyone answered where, the lost revenue from fossil fuel is going to come from?

That’s a lot of taxation to forgo.

No problem. They’ll make up any shortfall with taxes. They’re worse than the Sheriff of Nottingham. We need another Robin Hood.

Ah, Boris Hood looks promising!

Aren’t electric cars going to use more fossil fuels? Electric cars just move the carbon production to somewhere else (ie from the vehicle exhaust to the power station stacks).

:023:

They keep the eco-warriors happy though!

We should be going down the hydrogen fuel route in my opinion:

I can’t read this, as I have an ad blocker. However, I agree that hydrogen powered vehicles could overcome the problem of lack of range of electric vehicles.

However, if the eco-warriors were aware of how hydrogen is produced, perhaps they wouldn’t be too keen. Power cells and such like all require energy for their production and windmills aren’t going to fit the bill!

We need many more nuclear power stations. :lol:

I also could not read the item on the link for the same reason, very annoying. :frowning:

A quick search though found more information about hydrogen-powered cars, see the link below plus another link below that is a website about hydrogen production:

https://hydrogeneurope.eu/hydrogen-production-0

Thanks. I much prefer to read from sources that don’t constantly bombard me with adverts!

As it explains, most methods of hydrogen production rely on electrolysis or perhaps fossil fuels, so my choice would be nuclear power in preference.

I would agree JBR, The power from the bnuclear can then
create the hydrogen for the road vehicles?
The engines of which will not need extensive modifications
to enable them to burn hydrogen as fuel?
Plus we will not need extensive, expensive, new infrastructure
for battery charging.
Plus the existing car production can continue as is, with
minor modifications to the engines only
Why are we still talking about battery cars?
Regards Donkeyman!

Yes. My only concern, though, is how to safely store hydrogen in the car especially as it will, I assume, be under pressure.

Because electric vehicles is the thread topic?

Thank  you  Besoeker!!

Regards Donkeyman!