An interesting item about electric vehicles …

There are companies trialling wireless charging,

Why cant the vehicle have the charging system built into
it when it is built, so every ev has its own charger , then all
that is required to recharge is just access to a 3 pin socket?
So every lamp,post could in theory accomodate up to six
3pin outlets? And bollards etc could also do the same?
I know this will put the price of EVs up, but at least the
person getting advantage from using the system, pays for it!
and not the bfiscus or taxpayer?
There may well be reasons against using a system such as this
but imo all of these can be resolved by further development
of smaller charging units?

Regards Donkeyman!

A good question Tregonsee, it should be possible to make
a HGV electric easily, as there is plenty of room available
under the loadbed for battery storage etc?
So in cities it would make sense to do deliveries etc by EVs
and should cut emissions significantly?

Regards Donkeyman!

Easy! Just buy a house with a charging point already installed.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-ferntree+gully-131547098?fbclid=IwAR3WTjGnmb89kY5enL6Z8eIh5bt4F1SdnPPjuV28FNdDhAO7LKO_oViHLY0

A very desirable property for a young family, not sure if they are building houses like that in UK.

Looks as if UK are playing catch up.

It does seem as it we are playing catch-up in a lot of ways in the UK from what I see.

That looks rather a nice, individually designed property, possibly with a price to match here in the UK, depending very much on where it was situated of course.

That price of $800,000 – £850,000 converts to £446,771.61 – £474,694.83 GDP.

Charging for electric vehicles is obviously a definite advantage, also one that would be found in very few houses in the UK I am guessing.

Personally I know of only one local supermarket that has charging points for electric vehicles, not that I have visited all of them in this area though. :slight_smile:

Just to correct the error above in bold as I cannot edit it, left it too late. It should read:

That price of $800,000 – $850,000 converts to £446,771.61 – £474,694.83 GDP.

I am sure most would realise what that error should have been, I do like things to be correct. :slight_smile:

Call me pedantic if you like, I don’t mind as that’s most probably true. :wink: :slight_smile:

Tesla are developing an HGV

When the supercapacitors are fully developed it will be possible to fully charge a car in less time than it takes to fill a petrol tank.

Assuming you have the capacity to do so.
Most of us do not,.

You don’t have electricity! I didn’t realise Doncaster was so primitive, no wonder Clarkson left.

You mean thicker supply cables and circuit breakers
Besoeker?

Regards Donkeyman!

Most domestic supplies are about 60Amp 230V.
Do the arithmetic - if you can.

It’s just a bit more complicated than that.

I have long been convinced that our politicians live in Cloud Cuckoo Land, and this appears to confirm it.

So in eleven years electric cars will be compulsory. We shall not be allowed to drive our petrol cars and don’t even mention diesel. Charging points will appear every few feet along the sides of all roads where the residents have no drives, and all motorway service stations will boast free electric charging facilities.

Buses and locomotives will all use electricity, of course, and HGVs will each include an additional trailer on the back to contain all the batteries needed to enable them to keep going as far as the next specially-adapted lorry park where they can be recharged overnight. Free accommodation for the drivers provided, of course.

I suppose they are assured that by 2030 we shall have covered our entire land with windmills and solar panels, that the country will have become eternally windy, and that the sun will shine for 24 hours a day with clear skies.

Then, of course, in another five years I fully expect that they will have extended their demands to our relying on electric aircraft too.

Needless to say, India, China and the rest of the world (with the exception of the EU Empire) will continue to use petrol, diesel and other fossil fuels, but at least we can smugly hold up our heads and boast that we are saving the planet.

But just think of all the full-time employment that will bring, people will have jobs and earn vast sums of money! However, there will be no time to sleep or do anything else, we will all be so busy seeing that our politicians’ Cloud Cuckoo Land dreams come to fruition!

We cannot even build the required number of houses each year so how on earth is all that infrastructure going to materialise?

As for where all the money is going to come from to finance this Cuckoo Land dream I simply have no idea – another pipe dream perhaps! Maybe I was dreaming when I heard Boris Johnson, on television recently, say that our national debt is now running at 85% of GDP?

Item 5 on the link below this text:

“At the end of the financial year ending March 2018, UK government gross debt was £1,763.8 billion (85.3% of GDP).”

Although I do believe there is an answer to all this – perhaps we should just hang a sign on the UK “Vacant To Let” and all move out to China or India! :slight_smile:

Forgive my obvious sarcastic sense of humour, it’s all that keeps me going these days! :wink: :slight_smile:

Politicians really are screwing the planet up, the last couple of posts sum up the whole chaotic predicament.

Not entirely the politicians Cindy! The human habit of breeding
excessively, and at the same time believing their wants are
really needs has quite a bit to do with it as well!

Regards    Donkeyman!

Yes, I quite agree with your comment. However, both of those things we do have full control of and can do something about, if we wish. The government, it appears, we have no control of whatsoever! They do what they want, when they want and that’s obvious to most with what’s been happening in recent times I would have thought! :frowning:

Humans have evolved over time to be the only species that doesn’t adapt to the world, it makes the world adapt to them.

What proposals politicians would come up with to enforce population control. That has to be a global decision to be effective, just as the emissions reduction has to be.