Amazon Review: it's convenient to get your stuff within 24 hours, and it’s great to be able to watch the Movies on Prime

I use Amazon once or twice a week.
It’s very convenient to be able to get your stuff within 24 hours, and it’s great to be able to watch the Movies on Prime.

On the other hand, it’s worrying that the high street shops are vanishing. Possibly they should have learned, from Amazon, and done more in the way of competing.

So, the future is, sit on your PC and watch the High Streets vanish.

Until, of course, another great idea comes our way.

How do I rate Amazon?

1. For delivery, 100% - we have a local depot.

2. For quality of goods, 80%, cheap is not always perfect.

3. For Service, 90%. Even if they don’t have what you want, they tip you off on where it is.

4. For all the Marketing messages, 30%. If I want something, I know that they are there, I don’t need five reminders every time I look at something on my PC. I don’t need ten emails a day based on my search engine.

Overall Score 85%

2 Likes

Ted, do you get a discount if you’ve subscribed to Amazon Prime?

Talking about their products?..as I’m a subscriber to their films…

Pauline,

Yes, it comes in the shape of free delivery.

Many Prime members get their delivery free, and watch their films on Prime.

Mind you, you have to do the Maths because Prime costs, nearly 100 pounds per year so it all depends on whether the number of purchases you make tot up, in cost of deliveries, to balance that out,

Mine does.

Note that, around Christmas, I just send presents from Amazon, which helps with that, and some of my family use my account for their activities.

1 Like

I am now wondering if my prime subscription has gone up, I only pay £5.99p.a month,…is there a full package you can get with them?

Asking, because some films I have to pay for.

Yes, from the web site:-

" Amazon is to raise the price of its Prime service for UK customers due to higher operating costs.

From September, monthly subscriptions will go up £1 to £8.99 and annual membership will rise from £79 to £95.“”

1 Like