Amazon or ebay?

In the last three months I have had four parcels from e-bay get lost. Much message sending - toing & froing with the seller before I got a refund. The parcel never arrived.

There’s something just not right about this…

Amazon on the other hand, I hardly ever have this problem & when I do they refund immediately, One time the item turned up two weeks later & I informed Amazon but they told me to keep it.

I just don’t trust e-bay!

I don`t trust ebay either Carol,or shpock,they are a bunch of timewasters.
Whenever we sell through ebay we always send anything that has to be signed for,that way people cant say we havent posted items.
Then we send them the picture of the receipt via WhatsApp.

1 Like

I don’t think Ive ever bought from Ebay ,my Son does buy and sell on there .Hes had some time wasters who once receiving the goods decide they are not what they want .

When you buy next time ask for the goods to be sent with tracking and ask for the number .
same as Broken vows does

Just one thought, how reliable/honest is your post person, or maybe the sorting office?

Or is there any chance things are getting pinched from your porch?

Because Amazon do a lot of their own delivery but eBay sellers usually rely on Royal Mail

If the person you’re buying from on EBay has a good track record and a thriving business, I can’t see it would be in their interest to not send the goods?

I only buy from EBay sellers that have a good history with lots of sells and tend to avoid people just doing one offs, first timers, because a lot of those are just fly by night fake accounts, often people who’ve been banned from EBay previously

1 Like

I am becoming that way inclined too as it can take far too long to claim a refund for a non delivery or damaged upon opening. Amazon are quicker too👍

Never used eBay, as I don’t trust it. Prefer to get most of my stuff via Amazon.

1 Like

I usually use ebay or amazon, only had trouble with ebay once, but always had good service with amazonn.

I use neither for purchases …

But have noticed an oddity over the last couple of months …particular to Amazon delivery vans.

Three times now an Amazon Prime van has parked up on the pavement near my home… and another unmarked white van has pulled up next to it and there has been a transference of quite a large trolley of objects, presumably deliveries.
I’ve read the suggestion online that they’re new EVs and struggling with range and mileage issues on their charges … so subcontracting out to smaller companies.

Never had any trouble with either except once a long time ago and Paypal refunded my money with no questions asked.

I stopped buying from Ebay many years ago mainly for payment reasons since they only offered PayPal which I disliked. Amazon’s was more to my liking offering direct debit. Returning goods and getting a refund is no problem as long as it’s not MarketPlace.