Amazing pictures from nature

As a result of alopecia, this chimp lost all of his hair. This incredible photo shows just how muscular chimps really are. A number of studies have suggested that pound-for-pound, chimpanzees could be as much as 3 to nearly 5 times stronger than a human man.

7 Likes

This incredible image shows a wave that looks to be swallowing a lighthouse with a man standing outside. This scene was captured in 1989 by photographer, Jean Guichard off the west coast of Northern France. A front of low pressure coming from Ireland brought gale-force winds and huge waves of 20 to 30 meters.

8 Likes

Tippi Hedron’s tiger.
(Not necessarily a nature pic but still worthy of a mention)

You might be familiar with actress, Dakota Johnson. This is a photo of her grandmother and one of her many tigers. At one point she had around 60 lions and tigers. It was last reported that she still has 13 or 14 lions and tigers living with her. She’s currently 93 years old!

2 Likes

Brave soul to stand there for a photograph!

I’m curious to know how they were able to take that photograph :thinking:
I wouldn’t fancy being in that helicopter either.

1 Like

Goats climbing a brick wall.
Goats are known for climbing difficult terrain but this just seems impossible. Their hooves are split into two sections which allows them to spread the halves to grip a larger surface. The bottoms of their hooves have rubbery pads, like shoe soles.

1 Like

This incredible photo captures a tree after it was apparently struck by lightning. As you can see the tree is burning from the inside out. This phenomenon is not that uncommon. Hollow trees act like a natural chimney which can accelerate the burning inside and leave little evidence outside.

2 Likes

“The milk’s late again!”

1 Like

Eh? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

IMG_1415
You’re looking at a harpy eagle, the world’s largest eagle. They are found throughout South America and wingspan of up to six and a half feet wide. They are considered the most powerful raptors in the Amazon. They prey on species as big as monkeys, sloths and even deer!

2 Likes

Amazing pictures! That chimp looks so human-like. The tiger picture is amazing. Majestic!

Thank for sharing.

1 Like

I found this difficult to watch until the end

1 Like

Wow amazing :astonished:

Theres a TV ad at the moment that has a mountain goat flying a hang glider. I’m not even comfortable watching that. :weary::joy:

Just why?
:thinking:
Now you know why some animals are going extinct…

Here’s a newborn Indian flying fox clinging to her mother’s belly. Newborns can’t fly on their own for several months. There are more than 60 species of flying foxes across Asia, Australia, Africa, and assorted Pacific islands. The largest have 5.25 foot wingspans. They are mostly vegetarian and can’t echolocate. They mate upside down and colonies can be 200,000 thousand strong.
(BTW, I don’t think they eat chocolate either :wink:)

Have you ever had sex upside down Foxy? :wink:

I can’t say that I have Ralph…I’ve only had sex once and produced a daughter, neither of us have been too keen on bodily contact, it spreads too many diseases and stuff…
:mask:

2 Likes

Lol :joy::joy::joy:

Sometimes it’s hard to fathom just how large ancient megalodons were. This photo shows a comparison between a megalodon and the modern-day great white shark. So how large were they? They are presumed to have reached a length of 60 feet and a weight over 40,000 pounds! Scientists claim it is the largest predator to have ever existed on earth.

1 Like

And just local fog in nature today:

1 Like