Am l hearing things?

I didn’t quite get it all, but it seems that the EU has decided NOT to apply
the new trading rules they were due to apply to the UK this coming month ??
And get this!!
The reason for not doing so is because they don’t think it would be fair
to us to do so whilst the economic situation is so uncertain due to
Russia/Ukraine !!
Yeah right !
Donkeyman! :-1::joy::joy::-1:

1 Like

Hi

Donkeyman, the EU are applying all the rules.

Jacob Rees Mogg has said the UK will not be applying the Rules until the end of 2023, more than a year away.

WTO Rules means that the rules must apply to every Country, so others are now being freed to import to the disadvantage of UK Producers and Industries.

So much for taking back Control, it is a joke, well not really, it puts our producers and Industries at a disadvantage.

Eu Immigration has gone done since Brexit, they are right on that.

It has however hugely increased food costs and more than doubled Non EU Immigration.

My Care Costs are up 20%, Cleaning Costs 15% whilst my Income is up 3.1%.

Brexit was the right thing to do, it has however been very badly damaged by our idiot Politicians.

3 Likes

Nope, it’s the other way round. The EU will still check our goods we export into the EU but Jacob Rees Moggs had decided we won’t do the checks on EU goods coming here that were supposed to start this year

@swimfeeders @Maree , Jesus Christ !! Why did he do that ??
And he was leading the ERG too if l remember ?No wonder we got nowhere
in the “negotiations” !!
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::frowning::-1:

If I’m getting it right it’s because he knows doing the checks will lead to prices going up in the supermarkets and and shortages and disruption of the supply chains when the EU countries either decide it’s not worth their while exporting to us or they aren’t ready to comply with the checks

And as there are likely to be shortages created by the Ukraine war as well, and combined with the cost of living going up because of fuel prices, he thinks the cost of the double whammy would be too much to bear for the British public

World trade rules mean we have to treat all countries the same so goods from non European countries will be free to export to us without checks imposed on things like the import of chilled meats, safety and security declarations, and checks on plant and animal products.

And the businesses at the Brit ports are fuming because they’ve spent millions preparing to do the checks, which is now going to be wasted for the time being. They are threatening to go to court over it

Hi

What JRM has done applies to all WTO Countries.

It puts our industries and producers at a huge disadvantage.

It also means that other Countries have much less incentive to do Trade Deals with the UK.

The British Veterinary Association and National Farmers’ Union are not happy about it, either.

Well I hope that JRM, like all his colleagues in the government, realise that they are doing their best to lose support for the next GE in 2024.
They probably think thaty with an 80 seat majority they are untouchable. We shall see!

If world trade rules mean we have to treat all countries the same, why is that not the case for the EU?
OK, I can understand that they may not have to abide by such rules when trading with other EU countries, but what about the rest of the world?

@Maree , Yeah l think you are right on that Maree, but do you think they will
ever decide that about £18 billion pa is not worth having ???
That figure is only guess work on my part, could be double for all l know?We should be working on replacing the EU as a supplier and thus removing
all these troublesome regulations ?
That we haven’t is just an indication that the government never intended to execute BREXIT !!
Donkeyman! :-1::-1:

Yes, I believe you’re right.
Certainly, Cameron the Coward didn’t want us to leave.
Treason May certainly did all she could to thwart Brexit.
Now Bunter talks the talk but is dragging his feet to the extent that I think it is clear that he (and his boss Carrie) are definitely remainers.
Do we have any MP in the offing who would genuinely take us out of the EU completely?

He was mesmerized by Angela Rayners leg antics? :laughing:

1 Like

@spitfire , ls that why JRM aways lays down on the benches ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

See, personal needs always compromise the collective.

1 Like