Alright For Some. Our Fatcat Chancellor for One

Well they are not going to be worried about all the rising costs.

1 Like

Indeed they are not … :bangbang:

Overall, the richest individuals and families in the UK this year are worth £711bn, an 8% rise on last year’s £658bn.

The expanding fortunes of Britain’s wealthiest people comes amid a growing cost of living crisis, with UK inflation rising sharply to 9% in the year to April - meaning prices are rising at their fastest rate for 40 years.

The “legitimate” wealth of the the UK’s richest is barely keeping pace with inflation - the rest of us have got no chance … :frowning_face:

Spare a thought for poor rishi though, it’ll cost him £13,000 to heat his newly built swimming pool this year, it might be more next, how will the poor chap manage,

1 Like

My heart bleeds for him. m1126

1 Like

It’s his wife’s wealth.

I don’t get your point? The news article said they have a combined wealth of £730m. It’s not ALL hers and he gets pocket money on a Saturday :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Rishi Sunaks wife is the heir to her fathers wealth. He owns Infosys one of the largest consultancy companies in the world.

Sunaks income is peanuts compared to his wife’s. Its shared income because they are married.

Yeah, I know she is richer than him, but the article still stands as being utterly tone deaf with regard to the current situation amongst the average citizen. Given his role in government, and the fact he could make people’s lives so much easier (not with his own money, of course…just sayin’).

2 Likes

You’re right:

Sunak himself is estimated to have a net worth of around ÂŁ200 million, earned mostly when he was an analyst for the investment bank, Goldman Sachs, and later a partner in two hedge funds.

1 Like

Oh yeah I agree with you.

1 Like

I agree with you … I’ve often suspected he’s incapable of relating to the average taxpayer as he’s one of the wealthy hierarchy.
It’ll be tough for him too though if he has to toss up between heating his swimming pool or any of the four houses he owns.

1 Like

As if it couldn’t get any worse. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I suppose Richi is being somewhat niggardly - BJ would change the k to an m … :grinning: