Alligator in a New York Park

This Alligator looks half starved , it could have turned out nasty if it decided to make a meal of someone .Shame on the person that left it there .

A 4ft alligator has been captured from a lake in a New York park.

The reptile - which has reportedly been nicknamed Godzilla - was spotted on Sunday morning by staff in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park.

They contacted the park’s authorities, who then captured the gator in the park’s lake. It was later taken to the Bronx Zoo.

Alligators are native to the south-east of the US, in warm-climate states such as Florida and Louisiana.

On Sunday, temperatures in New York reached highs of 9C (48.2F).

NYC Parks, the authority in charge of the metropolis’ green spaces, said the animal was in a poor condition, “very lethargic and possibly cold shocked” when it was found.

It is not known how the alligator came to be in the lake but the authority has warned residents not to release animals into the city’s parks, which it said was illegal.

1 Like

It should be illegal to dump animals in national parks too. Poor thing.
Here they were dumping red nosed terrapins a few years ago, once the novelty of the animals waned due to the ninja turtle craze, they do not make good pets & they smell. Our lake had a few, we saw them basking on a half submerged log in the lake, while bird watching & told the ranger, but I don’t know if they were captured & rehomed.

1 Like

The poor little chap,at least it is where it will be safe.

2 Likes

I feel sorry for it…being savaged by roach in The Serpentine is small fry by comparison.

1 Like

I think that the cold might be the flaw in my plan to release 3 or 4 metre saltwater crocodiles along the Kent coast to protect the nation from immigrants.