Airfryer recipes, tips and tricks

Do you own an Airfryer?
How often do you use it?

I find that the airfryer is very convenient and cost efficient especially since I only cook small meals for my son and I.

Please use this thread to share your airfryer recipes tips and tricks.

2 Likes

I’ve found you really don’t need to heat them to temperature before using

2 Likes

I use mine a lot especially in combination with my microwave (speeds things up)

For example baked potatoes:

Microwave them for about 8 minutes (pierce with fork)
The 30 minutes in the air fryer

Frozen pies I cook as normal in the microwave then a couple of minutes in the air fryer to crisp up the pastry. (Likewise sausage rolls and similar)

4 Likes

I use mine every day,jacket potatoes,like Bruce does,par boil potatoes and put them in the airfryer with a smattering of sunflower oil for roast pots.
Chops,chicken breasts,nuggets,gammon,bacon,sausages,tomatoes,mushrooms,hash browns,i will stop there.

2 Likes

My dear wife uses ours most days. Today we are having pork chops.

1 Like

This is a super easy yoghurt pot air fryer cake that’s been doing the rounds on the air fryer groups

It’s really simple because you use the empty yoghurt pot to measure the flour, sugar and oil

I’ve got one of the air fryers that look like a mini oven so I can fit a loaf tin but you can just use a round one or a liner in your air fryer drawer, whatever fits.

And you’ll have to experiment with the timing and temperatures because all air fryers are a bit different. I just check near the end of cooking and cover it with foil if it’s getting too brown :+1:

The nice thing about this is that you can ring the changes with different flavour yoghurt and fruit. This one is lemon and blueberry but I did a raspberry one that came out nice

If you want to have a go it’s …

1 pot tesco finest lemon curd yoghurt 150g

3 medium eggs

Lemon zest and a squirt of lemon juice

2 yoghurt pots of self raising flour

1 yoghurt pot of caster sugar

Half a yoghurt pot of oil, any will do, I like rapeseed

Blueberries

Whisk everything except the blueberries together with an electric whisk

Stir in the blueberries

Cook for 50 mins at 155 degrees

3 Likes