Airfares are getting very expensive

@Muddy , Hah,did most of me travelling on me motor bike !!
Even went to Greece for our honeymoon on a motor bike and sidecar !!
Got some photos somewhere !! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Did you go to South Africa on a motor bike ?

@Muddy , Nope, the SA government payed for that ! :smiley::smiley:

So you were even worse than the air industry, driving around spreading poisonous lead and particulates everywhere?

@Bruce , Volumes donā€™t compare Brucy !! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Bravo Donkeymanā€¦People have just too much disposable income these days.
:+1:

You are joking Brucy arenā€™t you?
This was the state of the skies over the UK and Europe at midday todayā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t suppose you have a similar map showing road vehicle usage @OldGreyFox ? :wink:

At least thereā€™s no Russia planes above us !

1 Like

No need with subs in the Serpentine.

2 Likes

Iā€™m another one who couldnā€™t care less and do not intend to add to the robber barons wallets/bank accounts. I did all the flying I want to do, long ago, and have no plans to be flying anywhere.

@Ripple ,ā€œat least thereā€™s no russian planes above usā€
YET ? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I bloody well hope not!
Caught some decent roach in The Serpentine many moons ago.

I was a dab hand hand with my waggler.

4 Likes

Talk about Iā€™m alright Jack !

Translation
I done all the flying I WANT a to do and am too old / too hard up / or have seen it all
Already .

Further generations let them walk .

Considering each passenger aircraft will burn at least ten times the amount of fuel that the average motor burns, you can multiply all those aircraft by at least ten, and donā€™t forget that a car probably just takes its occupants a few miles to work, whereas some of those planes will be airborne for several hours Dex. And if we produced more goods here instead of transporting them by road half way across Europe, we could get half the lorries off the roads also.

1 Like

Whatever did our young people do in the fifties and sixties Muddy. And if you want to achieve ā€˜Net Zeroā€™ you will just have to suck it up.

1 Like

We are not in the fifties and sixties anymore time to get with the times .

The times suggest that ā€˜Net Zeroā€™ and the green revolution is the way to go now Muddy. The times of decadence are overā€¦We must think about leaving a pollution free world for our children and grandchildren.

At least none of those planes are dropping poisonous lead on the inhabitants unlike Assman and all other drivers 30 years ago (or whenever they stopped using lead).

An aircraft holds more than 300 people at a time .
What goods do you propose producing here and with what ?
Having left Europe we are faced with importing stuff from much further a field .
So it will have longer to travel .
Therefore burn more fuel and cost more .

1 Like

I donā€™t think you can compare what went on way back in the 50s 60s and 70s + as most people were ignorant to the damage travel could cause.
However now we do know and something has to happen to protect this wonderful planet for the generations to come .

1 Like