Air Pressure Help Please!

Ah, I think I can be of help here.

You could tilt your head to the side. The writing will then become legible.

:lol:

Very useful. Thanks. :023:

Hi

Get yourself one of these.

Just set the pressure and it does everything automatic.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RAC600-Compressor-Inflation-EXCLUSIVE/dp/B000UPEHJU/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_t_3/259-0311570-0150849?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H4NVYFREAT526Z4GM46S

Dammit! I have been tilting my head the other way. :lol:

Glad to be of help. We live and learn.

Thank you for this. Such a useful site.
I purchased a small air pressure thingie for my car a few months back. My current car shows a symbol on the dashboard if any of the tyres are too low (does not, unfortunately, show WHICH tyre). The air pressure thingie is easy to use. All I have to do is to attach it to tyre, and set it to where I want it to be. Unfortunately, at the time it took me ages to find out what PSI meant.

I sympathise, eventually Britain must surely drag itself into at least the 20th Century and get rid of these archaic measurements.

[CENTER]http://www.over50sforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3458&d=1500938393[/CENTER]

I have that one too ā€¦ :wink:

Highly recommended ā€¦ :smiley:

When I lived in SA they had bicycle tyres that had a sort of honeycomb of rubber inside, si if you got a puncture it only affected a small amount of tyre. Iā€™ve never heard of anything like that since. It seemed like a good idea for all tyres.
My local petrol station will check my tyres for me as my hands hurt holding that thing in place and I canā€™t hear the bleep of the machine.
Iā€™ve had to teach some assistants how to do it and always have to tell them what pressure to use, but, theyā€™re very helpful. :slight_smile:

Sod off. I still use inches, feet, yards, milesā€¦

and if I could remember what they meant: rods, poles, perches and chains!

Update on home tyre pressure compressors . Just check my tyres and inflated to the correct pressure according to the small air pump powered off the car battery. However my car actually reads and displayes tyre pressure on the dashboard display. There is a discrepency between both.The pump shows 33lbs (which they should be) and the dash board shows 37lbs on the front wheels as an example. How on earth can we be expected to set the correct pressure???

1 Like

The correct pressure for your particular model should be displayed in a sticker affixed to the driverā€™s door pillar.

1 Like

Isnā€™t there a way to reset the calibration on your display?

1 Like

Only Mrs LD is allowed to tinker with my calibration :astonished::point_right::wink::grin:

1 Like

Why? Is that overstating actual measurements too? :grin:

1 Like

As the old phrase keep repeating ā€¦ "age shall not wither them":grin:

1 Like

I trust Art is not still waiting to pump her tyre up 5 years later. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes Mups, the car is still outside 5years later with flat tyres and l havenā€™t been able to go out since!! :laughing:

Not really! My grandson kept hinting that he needed a car, so l gave it to him. That was about 3 years ago!

I do have trouble knowing how to pump the tyres on my present car. I usually get one of my children to meet me at the garage, or l waylay, some nice gentleman!

I canā€™t believe you gave your grandson a car with flat tyres. Thatā€™s sooh dangerous.

Maybe you ought to invest in a traction engine like Fred Dibnah used to use. They donā€™t have tyres that need pumping up

1 Like

These days l go around in a pedal car with solid tyres. Itā€™s so economical, especially with these rising fuel costs.
The only drawback is, l canā€™t walk for days after and drivers shout at me and donā€™t say nice things at all.

2 Likes