Air Pressure Help Please!

I agree Ruthio.

It will be much less stressful just to pop down the garage in
the morning Art, and ask someone to show you what to do. They will help you.
It is easier than explaining and it will make more sense if
you can actually see what they are showing you…

Mups, l have given up trying to do it myself!
Instead, l rummaged through my cupboards and found a Lindt chocolate rabbit from Easter that needed eating up!!
Eating him is better than counselling after my traumatic time!!

That is the best idea yet. :smiley:

Update on the tyres… Both valves on the front tyres (run flats) were loose and the air was escaping.

OMG three pages on how to put air in a car tyre.

Not to be rude but there is some thickos on this Forum:lol::lol:

Good job you got them checked then, Art. :023:

That video stirred a long forgotten memory. I’ve just had a look in my ‘toy cupboard’ and found one just like that (although It claims 300psi, not that I’d trust that!).

Now I’ve found it, it’s going into my car boot.

Needless to say, it should only be used with the engine running or it would soon flatten the battery.

A slightly worrying thing: in the instruction leaflet it warns users that they should turn it off when it becomes hot! Reading some of the comments after the video, I can well believe it.

However, if and when it does get hot, I think the thing I’d do is turn it off and add more pressure after it has cooled down.

Galty, You are all gas and air!!
Kind Regards,
Miss Thicko Airhead!! :lol::lol:

I have just seen a Mini floating over my house. :mrgreen:

Check to see if there is a tyre pressure sticker on the inside pillar of your driver’s door.

Yes, first place I looked.

Actually, I use my car so little these days, I just look at the tyres to see if the shape looks about right!

Ha ha, I know what you mean.

One thing that really disappoints me is when I eventually decide to put air in (they must be low by now), I pay the 50p only to find that air comes out. :cry:

If you ever have to “guess” tyre pressures temporarily, you’ll never be far out by using 30psi. Run flats often run a bit higher though, circa 33-36.

I’ve just had a brilliant idea.

Obviously, solid tyres wouldn’t be very good, but what about a tyre filled with some sort of foam? They would be impervious to punctures, yet the foam could provide a springy and compressible filling which, if properly designed and made of suitable material, could behave in a similar way to an air-filled tyre.

You’ll probably tell me that such things are already available, and I have no hope of becoming rich on the back of my idea!

Not sure about foam filled tyres but of course there is the repair foam which seals the tyre and inflates it enough to get to a garage.

No, sadly not my original idea after all!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=foam+filled+tyres&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQ0Ovx04TVAhXLKcAKHahHCioQsAQIjgE&biw=1280&bih=649&dpr=1.5#imgrc=rVO-h7uf53JOOM:

http://www.gbtyres.net/foam-filled/

Lots of examples, although I haven’t read any reviews yet.

I have one of these cheap compressors ($84 - £42) it is pretty good. I got fed up with having to pump up my tyres after riding on dirt roads where you let half the air out so the road didn’t shake you to bits.

My son bought a really crap el cheapo one years ago but it took for ever to pump up tyres but this one at 160Litres a minute is OK, though takes a couple of minutes to go from 120kpa to 250kpa.

The advice is basic but important.

My tyre pressure sticker is on the door pillar but l still don’t understand it as there’s so many listed!

Mine is stuck on sideways which doesn’t help.

Art

You might find this useful for the future. Just type in your registration and it will give you the tyre pressures. Write down the information given on one of your tyres.

http://www.tyre-pressures.com/