Advice - contract with Vodafone

Not sure which category to put this in so expect mods will change it if needed .

I have always bought a phone from Vodafone and paid for a sym just for texts and calls . The phone I have is struggling with the battery and 4 years old . So I went onto Voda website and saw a Samsung A12 for £15 a month including air time and 4 GB of whatever that is .

So doing online chat ( for almost an hour ) I ended up buying this phone with a 36 month contract , yet the airtime contract is for 24 months . So I’m struggling to understand what will happen at the end of the 24months airtime contract as the phone contract is for another 12 months . The paper work I read said I could pay off the phone or start another contract .

I’ve not signed the paperwork sent to me via email yet and I have 72 hours to accept or refuse the loan as they call it . (0%interest)

So to those of you in the know could you please explain in easy peasy language to me I am putting myself in a difficult position because when I messaged voda again today I just got a lot of technology jargon that frazzled my brain .

I’ll just add . I have a sym only in a phone I bought 4 years ago and I pay £12.15 a month for unlimited texts calls and 1 GB

Thankyou

Sorry I can’t help with the contract, but I have a A12, good phone bought it from Amazon , can you not do that and go sim free and choose a sim of your liking like you have now. Also I’m with Tesco their prices are worth looking at.

Thanks for reply I’ll take a look on Amazon I do think this route is the safest for me I dont want to get caught into a 3 year contract and possibly end up paying off a phone that is 3 years old .

I’ve not signed any contract which they have sent by email so I’ll definately be ringing to cancell.

1 Like