Actress Patricia Brake dies aged 79 after long illness

So sad … :icon_sad:

Actress Patricia Brake, known for her roles in BBC sitcom Porridge and ITV drama Manhunt, has died aged 79 after being diagnosed with cancer, her family has said.

Brake’s 60-year career saw her play roles in television soaps Coronation Street, Emmerdale and EastEnders.

But she was best known to viewers in the 1970s for her role in Porridge.

Brake played Ingrid, the daughter of Ronnie Barker’s Norman Stanley Fletcher and she reprised the same role in Going Straight, alongside Richard Beckinsale and Nicholas Lyndhurst.

• [Ingrid comes to see Fletch in prison. She is wearing a tight purple jumper through which her nipples are very prominent]

Fletch : 'Ere, you wearing a bra or not?

Ingrid Fletcher : I don’t need to, Dad.

Fletch : What d’you mean. you don’t need to?

Ingrid Fletcher : 'Aven’t done for ages. My breasts are firm and pliant.

Fletch : Blimey! This isn’t St Tropez, you know. It’s Slade bleeding Prison in 'ere. There’s six hundred men in here who’d go berserk at the sight of a bit of shin, never mind unfettered knockers.

The lovely Patricia’s scenes in Porridge always brought a smile to my face and usually a laugh to my belly … :007:

1 Like

Oh that is sad. I did like her. My sister met her once at a gathering of her ex husband’s work colleagues - I believe Patricia Brake was either married to or related in some way to one of them. She always said what a lovely person she was, very natural and unaffected by her fame.

1 Like