Actifry vs air fryer

My actifry has just given up the ghost.
Now do I buy a new one or shall I get an air fryer?

Are air fryers better than the actifry?

I liked the way the actifry had a paddle to move the food around. I never had to turn anything over or shake it. It made lovely chips with a spoonful of olive oil…

Can anybody tell me the advantages/disadvantages against each one please?

I have never heard of an Actifry and have yet to try the modern Air Fryers, therefore can’t really help with your main question
I have been using a Halogen Oven, has a heating element that warms the air to your personal setting (temp), it does everything a conventional Oven does, roasts, bakes, fries etc, potentially a healthier way and costs a lot less
The only downside i have found with them is just how long the element lasts, which is usually 3 - 5 years before it needs replacing, replacing is easy if you are technically minded, but the cost of the element means you are more or less eventually better off buying a new Oven
I would be interested in how long the newer Air Fryers last before they give up the ghost
In the meantime, good luck

Nope it is all too much intelligence for me

I had been thinking of getting an air frier but didn’t!

I google late last night:

Actifry is an airfrier, It’s more expensive than most. It makes the best chips. It’s not so good when cooking some of the many other things you can airfry.

Love love love my air fryer .
My oven is redundant and used for storage…and once at year at Christmas.

Just used my Tower 4L drawer type to do toasted cheese sandwich for breakfast. It Supplements my table top oven and the microwave.

Same here, not used the usual oven for years.

Air fryer for me, it cooks wonderful chips, and we do salmon in one drawer and new potatoes in the other,

Never had an Actifry. We bought a Ninja Foodi air fryer. Works well and is used regularly.

Neither. Not sure what an Actifry is, and don’t have an air fryer (yet!), despite all the programmes on TV urging us to buy one.

The cooker is used all the time - and also the microwave for certain things.

This is an actifry. It has this unique paddle that pushes the food around as it cooks. No need to shake - ever. I’ve decided to keep with the actifry & have just ordered another one.

actifry
actifry,

@carol Hope the new one serves you chips as well as the old one. Good choice.