Abandoned Steel Mill

As far as smell it was a dusty, slightly musky old smell. Only critters i saw were rabbits and squirrels. I’m sure there were mice and rats, but I didn’t come across any. Lots of spiders though.

1 Like

Apex predator (in my book at least)!

I swear those :chipmunk: are following you around! Perhaps they enjoy posing for you :grinning:

Big Hams

The abandoned steel mill.
I commented on the sad demise of this steel mill and that of quite a few other industrial production plants. Now and again I come across something more positive. I did the maintenance and trouble shooting for many years for a paper mill. Several years ago, it was shut down. Kraft paper wasn’t selling. That was it I thought.

Then another company bought it several years later. A few changes to the paper machine and now they produce toilet paper. Perhaps there is a tale to tell. …

1 Like

People, not Steel. :icon_sad:

1 Like

Beautiful photo! :grinning:

I think not, sort of sinister.

1 Like

Too small to make out much detail. So I :grinning: take your word.

I don’t know so you shouldn’t, just a feeling before demolition.

1 Like

I love finding abandon places, they tell a story.

Stories you have to imagine though.eg:Was there really a Susie ?Or was it a Donald with a sense of humour?

1 Like

It looks really sad doesn’t it…imagine all the history. People spent their lives there families depended on it…if walls could talk :slight_smile:

1 Like