Abandoned Steel Mill

What amazing pics!

1 Like

Atmospheric.Imagine all the noise and activity that went on and now nothing but the building remains.Why haven’t they knocked it down?

1 Like

No clue. Last I heard they were trying to sale as is.

Gosh imagine the life that went on there when it was fully functioning…and now its just so…lost. I hope someone buys it and makes it into something, while still retaining its history if possible.

1 Like

Just one word,. ARMAGEDDON !!
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

1 Like

I thought it would make a good Walking Dead location. :scream_cat: :scream_cat:

3 Likes

We had one.They knocked it down and just left the land for years.In time grass,shrubs and and small trees grew on it.It was home to all sorts even Skylarks.I used to walk across it one the way to work in the morning,it was much nicer :slight_smile:
Concreted over now of course.

1 Like

Those are really brilliant pictures Danny.

The office chairs still hold their maroon hue! So bright against all the differing shades of brown.

Was it smelly and were there lots of critters lurking about?

1 Like

As far as smell it was a dusty, slightly musky old smell. Only critters i saw were rabbits and squirrels. I’m sure there were mice and rats, but I didn’t come across any. Lots of spiders though.

1 Like

Apex predator (in my book at least)!

I swear those :chipmunk: are following you around! Perhaps they enjoy posing for you :grinning:

Big Hams

The abandoned steel mill.
I commented on the sad demise of this steel mill and that of quite a few other industrial production plants. Now and again I come across something more positive. I did the maintenance and trouble shooting for many years for a paper mill. Several years ago, it was shut down. Kraft paper wasn’t selling. That was it I thought.

Then another company bought it several years later. A few changes to the paper machine and now they produce toilet paper. Perhaps there is a tale to tell. …

1 Like

People, not Steel. :icon_sad:

1 Like

Beautiful photo! :grinning:

I think not, sort of sinister.

1 Like

Too small to make out much detail. So I :grinning: take your word.

I don’t know so you shouldn’t, just a feeling before demolition.

1 Like

I love finding abandon places, they tell a story.

Stories you have to imagine though.eg:Was there really a Susie ?Or was it a Donald with a sense of humour?

1 Like

It looks really sad doesn’t it…imagine all the history. People spent their lives there families depended on it…if walls could talk :slight_smile:

1 Like