A woman who can smell Parkinson's disease help scientists

A Scottish woman who can smell Parkinson’s disease is helping scientists to create a faster detection test.

1 Like

I saw this on the news she must be very sensitive to smells dogs can detect some illnesses too .

1 Like

What an achievement for her-, that must be very rewarding

Parkinson’s is a horrible disease :frowning:

I wonder if she’s ever out socially and smells it on strangers and what she would do?

1 Like

Good question. I asked your question in a slightly different hypothetical here.

1 Like

I can’t read the article as it’s requesting that l sign in but…

I wonder what sort of smell it is?
Is it sickly, sweet or what?

“He had this musty rather unpleasant smell especially round his shoulders and the back of his neck and his skin had definitely changed,” she said.

1 Like

There is scientific evidence that humans can smell illness. But scam artists often use scientific facts to commit fraud. Look at the number of psychic frauds using half a scientific fact to uphold their scams.

Scientists have shown time & again, that they are not the best people to spot fraud when it comes to their experiments. Look at James Randi’s project Alpha for irrefutable evidence of that.

Project Alpha involved two magicians, Banacheck (Steve Shaw) & Mike Edwards being planted in a scientific study. Randi advised the magicians & he told the scientists what to look for. But despite being given things to look for & the two young magicians using the looked for techniques. The scientists did not spot the fraud. The scientists fell 100% for the scam describing the magicians as evidence that things such as Psychokinesis existed.

Scientists as their name suggests are about science. Not testing for scammers. So lets hope this woman is not just another scammer.

1 Like