A tiny mini mystery about recharging a phone

This is a tiny mystery that has me going :thinking: .

I normally take pictures outside twice a week for the same length of time to document something. The pictures are generally the same both times. After I’m done taking the pictures, I bring the phone in but I don’t recharge it. I leave it sitting in the same place.

Since the week has 7 days, once a week, there are 4 days that I let my phone sit and once a week, there are 3 days that I let my phone sit.

On the days with 4 days between, when I go back to the phone, it’s still charged. On the days with 3 days between, when I go back to the phone, the charge is depleted. You would think it would be the opposite.

Can’t figure out why. May never know. Any ideas?

Varying signal strength?

I forgot to add this part and should have. It’s not actually a phone anymore. It’s not connected to a phone line. I’m just using it for the camera. It’s super old and outdated. It can’t even connect anymore. The only battery usage is the camera, and I’m doing the same thing with the camera twice a week.

That was a good guess though. :slight_smile:

Buy surely it has to be switched on to use the camera and during that time it would be constantly searching for the nearest transmitter mast.

1 Like

Hmm. but would it keep searching? I can see it searching when I turn it on, but I don’t see it doing that after that.

But let’s say you’re right. Why would it be searching pretty consistently more during the 3 days and less during the 4 days?

You would have to ask someone who is more conversant with that phone’s circuitry, because they all differ from brand to brand and model number.

1 Like

Try putting it in Airplane mode and make sure Bluetooth, hotspot and wifi is turned off.

It may be that you take longer to take photos on some days or you may spend longer view photos after you have taken them. Previewing photos uses battery. Saving the photos may use more battery if you have a connection that is linked to the mobile phone signal. So as someone mentioned the phone signal could affect it particularly if they do updates at certain times of the week.

1 Like