A Puzzlement

Amazon and Reviews. Has anyone else had problems with these?

On 15th November I bought a book and a DVD from Amazon - for each of which I wrote a review. Had the statutary message thanking me for the reviews and saying they would be published in a couple days.

The one for the DVD was published - the one for the book was not. Posted it again - and again received the statutary message - still no sign of it. Have posted the book review three times and it has still not appeared - nor can I find any way of asking Amazon why they have not published it - the book was excellent and I wrote a five star review!

1 Like

Oh my word Tabby - yes! I wrote a review about something and it wasn’t posted. It wasn’t a bad review but it wasn’t overly great either (just the truth as I saw it).

So I tried again with another purchase…again nothing.

Tried again…Amazon emailed me saying that my review of (No.3) could not be published due to “offensive language” That made me laugh so much! It was a 5 star review praising the stuff! In hindsight maybe I did use a few exclamation marks and they got misinterpreted? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, I currently have about 20 items I have not reviewed yet. I procrastinate. :yawning_face: :yawning_face:

I don’t review any product…let them do their own advertising

3 Likes

Wishbone…its kindof advertising, but not by the company themselves. I would rather buy something that had favourable reviews by people who had experienced the product, as opposed to the company saying “wow, try our new thing, its the best” :woman_shrugging:

Your tittle to this thread has gifted me visions of Yul Brunner as the King of Siam.

And very nice too!

Thank you S T

1 Like

I rarely do, but sometimes I get a conscience about one so I do. The fact that I often order more of an item, from the same sellers, must tell them I like it. Bras & shoes mainly & filter tips for ciggys. I forgot electric bulbs.

1 Like

Excellent! I would give him a 5 star review anytime.

1 Like

Hi

I find the whole thing about reviews somewhat strange.

I did a recent review, said I had been a member for years and that this would be my first ever bed review.

I did not ask for a refund.

Within an hour Amazon refunded me the lot.

I didn’t know they sold beds, Swimmy. :grinning: :grinning: