A project I was asked to do

forgot the kitchen :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

That dinner table photo looks very inviting Danny

1 Like

I love the old bureau and the bathroom… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I made the mistake of opening one of the closed antique fridges. I was greeted with “excuse me we don’t touch the antiques.” oops :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

3 Likes

An open fridge would have made a more interesting shot since it’s usually closed…

1 Like

I love the old stove. Did you manage to get a close up Danny?

1 Like

Question number two…
Do you know if the skylight in the kitchen is original?

1 Like

Not yet, don’t know if you noticed, but the sun is casting a glare. So when I go back it will be later in the day. That’s when I’ll get close ups.

I just adore the crockery on the dining table :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was told that there were very few replicas in the house. I’m sure the glass may have been changed, but the structure is completely original.

1 Like

1 Like

What’s interesting about this photo to me is that the 2nd floor window on the far right, has another window just around the corner, it faces the Art Museum she financed. I guess she liked watching it go up.

1 Like

So much detail on the pressed dining room ceiling and the cornices are beautiful

1 Like

That original roll-top bath makes me feel ancient. My first house (2 up 2 down) as a newlywed had a cast iron enamelled bath just like that with globe taps. All the plumbing was lead so my first task was to replace it all with copper.

2 Likes

I did tell the 2 women showing me around that there was no way I would live there.
“Why not?”
“No way in hell I’m dusting all this!” :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I noticed the kitchen contained your favourite contraption! An ironing board :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I love that beautiful staircase with the (baby?) grand piano at the bottom, the whole scene has such a lovely welcoming atmosphere about it.

In the photo of the radio equipment on the table, I’m intrigued by the picture in the background of a rather austere looking woman sitting on a chair. It looks embossed. Do you know anything about it @Danny?

Love the bathroom and kitchen, and so many of the artefacts there and in other rooms, such as the small weaving loom, gramophone, phonograph, fridge and so on.

I’ve loved looking through all these photos Danny, some wonderful antiques, and a fascinating insight into the history of the area.

1 Like

She was owner I forget her name.

1 Like

Ah, thanks Danny, I thought she must have been someone important, or associated with the property.

1 Like