A portal to another world opens in front of you

You don’t know it will stay open. Go in or Not?
Imma stay put. I mean, what if it is a sucking Cloaca? Or some other nasty. A portal to a dinner party were I am the main course?

I would go! If a technology exists where portals can be made, and assuming the other side of the portal is what created it, then they are obviously an advanced civilisation - we’re probably safer there than parts of our own planet!

Similarly, if I ever saw an Alien I would not run, but instead go and talk. If a species manages to get here they probably have the capacity to destroy us as well, and that fact they haven’t is probably a good sign :smiley:

2 Likes

All Wetherspoons are like that but they are ok once your inside.

4 Likes

Same here. I would not run from an alien. I would assess their body language/countenance first, then decide if I wanted to greet them.

1 Like

How can you say what you would do, some folks oversimpiize a very complex situation!

2 Likes

I would want to know a great deal more before attempting it. It could very easily be far worse than where you are now.

1 Like

I would watch Azz go and see if he ever made it back. If not, I’d steer clear. :hole::flying_saucer:

4 Likes

Maybe he’s already been and isn’t telling :shushing_face: :alien:

3 Likes

Any Portal in a storm

3 Likes

Even Portaloos

2 Likes

Lead the way Azz, we’re right behind you.

4 Likes

mart

spitfire

14d

Even Portaloos

Especially :toilet:

1 Like

When I was a kid, I used to climb into the wardrobe, in the hope that the back of the wardrobe would open up and offer me a glimpse into Narnia - back then, I would probably have jumped through in eager anticipation.

When I was younger, I did sometimes venture into unknown situations without stopping to do a risk assessment or consider the possible consequences.

Nowadays, I think I’d be more likely to take notice of the old adage
“Look before you leap!”

Yes…I’m going through …but I watch loads of sci fi!

1 Like

Temptation to go through it… just because…

1 Like