A New British Passport

My current Australian Passport runs out in 2025 but because of the 6 month limit thing it means I have to apply for a new passport at the end of this year.

In July the cost of an Aussie Passport goes up to over $400 but I discovered a British Passport is less than $200, I will have to investigate.

1 Like

Both Australia and the United Kingdom allow Dual Nationality. This means that a person can hold nationality (and the passport) of both countries.

How can you claim British Nationality as an Australian and qualify to get a British Passport? You are eligible if the following criteria apply:

• You are LIVING IN THE UK on a valid visa and intend to Naturalise as a British Citizen in due course. Read more about British Citizenship through Residency. so sounds you are ok for a british passport

Just renew your old British passport .

This might help

Alas it is not quite that simple. Because it expired so long ago I have to apply as if for a new/first passport

Even so you are still a British citizen so it shouldn’t be a problem .

The are a nasty black colour now .

Even if you have dual citizenship and use your British Passport to travel abroad, won’t you need to renew your Australian Passport to enable you enter Australia when you return home?

https://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/DualNationals.html#:~:text=All%20Australians%2C%20including%20dual%20nationals,Australia%20on%20their%20Australian%20passport.

Once you are in you are in .
Anyway it’s easy to get an e visa free on line.

This might be the one flaw in my cunning plan. I used to have a Returning Resident’s visa in my old UK passport. I suppose I could carry my certificate of Naturalisation with me.

Australia!!!

I don’t want to go to Chelsea.