A leaked internal message appears to show Elon Musk ordered Twitter staff to suspend a left-wing activist's account

There seems to be some evidence that Musk directed the suspension of a left-wing activist’s account. Several left-wing accounts were suspended in November 2022 from Twitter.

A social media expert says that he thinks Musk is intentionally empowering right-wing extremists.

*I placed this in Politics instead of in the existing Musk thread because this article leans more political than that thread.

Yes! And quite right too. There are far too many left wing media outlets.

1 Like

This isn’t about left or right wing media (which, btw, is dominated by right of centre leaning outlefts). This is about the risk that Musk is favouring far right and alt right commentary.

You’re having a laugh Strath…Don’t you watch the BBC?

I rarely look at BBC news as they are so afraid of criticism by the tories that they fail to make any judgement. Even when its obvious there are failings. Take the beeb news out of the assessment (as I suspect you & I will never agree on that one) and I’d suggest its not possible to name more than three or four mainstream news publishers (print, web or TV) which are left of centre. Whereas there are many, many which are clearly right of centre.

When you consider that the majority of the media in the UK, and probably the rest of the world, is owned and controlled by just three people, all members of WEF, it’s easy to see where the bias creeps in…

What are their names? Sounds like that could be interesting.

Quote:-
Media ownership is increasingly becoming concentrated in the hands of few, which has been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. A report by the Media Reform Coalition found that in 2021 90% of national newspapers in the UK were owned by only three companies.

Oh ok, 3 companies - DMG Media, News UK and Reach. Who owns the three companies? Besides Rupert Murdoch, there aren’t any names in the article, and Murdoch’s name is only mentioned to say that he used to have a big share in one of them.

Are the companies publicly owned or privately held?

While the article does point out the monopoly in news corporations, they don’t say who has controlling interests in the corporations.

In the US, Jeff Bezos through Amazon owns the Washington Examiner. Rupert Murdoch controls Fox News.

Worse than bias, I suspect these very few owners are actively aiming to influence opinion.