A kind member of staff ar Waitrose

My cat Rudi died last week, but when he was still here a nice young lady from Waitrose always cut me some roast turkey or a chicken leg and got to know a lot about him. She also had a cat!
I went in today to get chicken for my other 2 cats and told her I had lost Rudi.
She was sad & said “hang on there for a minute” & returned with 2 bunches of carnations, saying “these are for you”.
What a lovely thing to do ! :smiley:

8 Likes

Hi Twink

It is things like this which make life worth living.

Thanks for posting, it cheers me up

That’s so nice of her, you don’t get many people like that these days.

She is young and learning how to work on different sections, but when she was on the Deli counter she remembered Rudi’s name & always asked how he was doing.
What I don’t think she knows yet, is staff like that become very popular with customers & a lot of Waitrose customers will let the manager know how popular she is… so I am hoping that her kindness also helps her to progress in her career.

2 Likes

I just spoke to her boss who said " Thank you for letting us know & I will be speaking to Emily to let her know your kind words. It means a lot to Waitrose when customers tell us that our staff remind them of how things used to be at the old corner shop".

3 Likes

Well done that young lady.

Sorry about your loss Twink…

Thanks Carol.

Sorry to hear about your cat Twink losing a pet is always hard, but how nice for someone else to show they care.

1 Like

What a lovely story Twink…you are right she deserves to do well.

I hope you are managing ok without little Rudy x

I will always miss him, but I am happy to know that his casket will be with me again soon.

1 Like

What a lovely gesture. So good to know that kindness like this still exists :heart:

Everybody benefits from small acts of kindness. Emily was kind to me, so I now view her as a friend & will probably shop there more often, so Waitrose benefit from her kindness.
I told the store manager , so other members of staff will now be kinder to customers and then more people will shop there… all because one young lady showed that she cared.
I always feel that acts of kindness spread good feeling to more than just the people involved.
I hope it made some people on here smile too! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

You are so right Twink :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: