A good spot for spot of 'plane spotting

I took my Outlaws and my Lovely Cousin to Bristol Airport yesterday to meet up with my lovely cousin and her family for a chat and take some photos.

From about 3.30pm until we left, the place got very busy with inbound and outbound planes of different types, and different carriers.

Jet 2

Aer Lingus

EasyJet

Taken through the fencing mesh, rather than poking the lens between the wires, hence the blurry pattern.

I met these two lovely young ladies forty-seven years ago when my uncle married their mother, and I learned very quickly they were as alike as chalk and Chaucer. I married the cousin on the left.

My other cousin and I then took a stroll down to the end of the runway. She was rather overawed by how close the 'planes appeared to be, and ducked when the first one went over us.

She did get some good shots from one side before we wandered back up the hill to the rest of the family again.

TUI on the wire.

The same Aer Lingus 'plane as before, on its way back to Dublin.

After a lovely afternoon with the family, we headed of back home.

2 Likes

My son may have been on the tui plane , he’s the no1 flight crew has a great job and certainly travelled the world . ( I don’t like flying I’m scared )

1 Like

why are the two lovely ladies learning in towards each other - was that the exhaust winds from the planes??

1 Like

Great photos, Fruitcake!

1 Like

I think it was a Conspiracy of Cousins.

Not many Qantas planes then? :wink:

1 Like

Sadly the runway isn’t long enough for the type of long-haul flights they operate.

1 Like

Nice! That brings back memories of a younger me parked at an airport watching the planes fly overhead. I don’t like planes, so it must have been the company. Unfortunately, I don’t remember who it was, but I hope it was worth it. :slight_smile:

1 Like