A good news (articles) thread

@ butterscotch, l like that one BS :+1::+1:
Donkeyman! :grin::grin:

1 Like

Amazing new treatment for liver cancer, what a breakthrough!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-60973521.amp

1 Like

Looks like posters are having difficulty finding anything to post on
this thread !!
Just saying !!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well, I’m going to be on the look out for things, so much horrible news at the moment, there’s got to be some chinks of light

1 Like

I don’t watch news, listen to news, or read news, which amounts to no news. Well no news is good news, they say, and I can confirm it to be true. So that’s my contribution to the good news thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nature recovery projects in England begins across 99K hectares of land in five different areas - the West Midlands, Cambridgeshire, the Peak District, Norfolk and Somerset,

1 Like

A tik-toker saved the life of a Starbucks barista. The tik-toker drove up to get a coffee and asked the barista for his dream in life. The barista answered $1,000 for a car to drive to work. The tik-toker drove away and came back with $1,000 hidden in a toy car.

It turns out the barista had been suicidal because he didn’t have a car. This gift saved his life. There was also a fund to get a better car which got $28K.

I have just signed up for the “30 days Wild” project - should be fun!

1 Like

Excellent!!! I’m excited to hear all about it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What does that mean?Are you going to live out on the moors?

LOL - Nothing so draughty, Smiffy! Not sure if it is a nationwide thing but - here in my corner of the world - it is run by the Wildlife Trust each year in June. The idea is to encourage people to go out and find something interesting to write about and/or photograph each day for 30days. They send you a big pack full of hints/tips and useful information. Doesn’t have to be seriously academic - but it is a lot of fun.

One year I saw the Spindle Moth caterpillers spinning silk webs over bushes in a neighbour’s garden, another time I joined a group and helped clear a pond in a nearby woodland and we catalogued all the different creatures that lived there. Obviously people with transport can go further afield - I generally stay local.

We are supposed to keep a log - and post it on the Trust’s website. It is useful - as well as fun - as it keeps the Trust informed about changes to flora/fauna in the area - and it drags people away from TVs, Computers, and the dreaded cell 'phones!

3 Likes

That’s a good idea.If I were still living there I would give it a go.There may be something similar here I’ll have to investigate.

1 Like

A couple rescues a baby owl that fell out of nest in tree. Lots of strategizing in this one, not an easy task. The nest was high and the owl was frightened.

1 Like

@butterscotch - that was wonderful - thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for this Tabby! I just signed up for the Scotland corner. Its coming by email because I didn’t think there would be enough time to receive it by post! Looking forward to this :+1:

2 Likes

Scientists Reverse Aging In Old Mice Using Brain Fluid From Younger Mice

Using brain fluids from a younger mouse, scientists were able to inject the brain of an older mouse to reverse aging.

Yay! More younger mice. :mouse: :mouse2:

Just kidding.

Hopefully, this will lead to more research on reversing the aging process of the human brain.

Paper

twitter on the paper
https://twitter.com/iram_tal/status/1524452236591439872

Just a cute video. A golden retriever got a baby brother. His other friend had shared custody with another spouse. (When you get a divorce, think of the puppies!)

Rare albino tortoise born in a Swiss zoo.

Heartwarming story about a dog rescuing a human. A guy was taking his dog for a walk every day. The dog took an instant liking to a homeless guy who lived in a tent. The dog owner put up the video of the dog so happy to see the homeless guy on tik tok. Social services helped the guy get an ID. The dog owner put up a crowd fund account for the homeless guy and raised 5,800 euros for him. The homeless guy was able to get off the streets but still went back to visit the dog.

1 Like