A good news (articles) thread

This is a thread to share good news articles that maybe don’t warrant their own thread. I’ve found a bunch of good news articles here, but there are other sources as well.

Please share your good news and positive news articles here.

For starters.

Scientists are finding new ways to recharge old lithium batteries for a longer life.

Scientists at Stanford Revitalize Batteries By Bringing ‘Dead’ Lithium Back to Life

4 Likes

The best news - face masks make you more attractive.

3 Likes

People may be able to get a dog-allergy vaccine to rid them of their dog allergies.

Researchers Find the Key to Fixing Human Allergies to Dogs

1 Like

This missing 18 year old, found alive :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-60018679.amp

She went missing after leaving the night club.

Thousands of members of the public called to help, brilliant police work and now she’s safe and a man arrested for imprisoning and threatening her

Her family must have been fearing the worse and the relief must be incredible

4 Likes

I have primroses in my garden flowering and the daffodils are 6inches high .

The days are slightly longer and not dark till 5pm

3 Likes

I’ve known plenty of men I would find more attractive wearing a mask :rofl:

2 Likes

Indeed, and so much cheaper than alcohol.

1 Like

You’ve noticed it then, too?

Ah, Bruce, but not nearly as much fun. :wink:

1 Like

Cat reunited with family after being mistakenly donated to thrift store.
Funny and good ending. :grin:

3 Likes
1 Like

A 71 year-old man was shoveling snow in his driveway in Sweden. He had a sudden heart attack. A doctor happened to be driving by and stopped to help him. After calling the emergency number, a drone dropped a defibrillator just over 3 minutes later, that the doctor then used to save the man’s life.

Drone to the rescue!

Drone Helps Save the Life of a 71-Year-old Man Who Has Cardiac Arrest While Shoveling Snow

4 Likes

I’ve heard and seen these. I think it’s the most exciting use of a drone I’ve heard of. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

That article had a few good examples of ways drones have been used for good. Drones have been doing some good work around the world.

Invading Rats Were Finally Eradicated on 2 Galapagos Islands Thanks to Drone Partnership

Uganda Joins African Nations Using Drones to Deliver Life Saving Medical Supplies to More Than 22 Million People

After Massive Wildfires, DroneSeed is Replanting Forests 6x Faster By Using Special Drones

3 Likes

I knew about 2 of those. Replanting is genius if you ask me, but delivering a defibrillator in a crowded city. I’m sorry still impresses the crap out of me. I wonder how much it costs the patient and does insurance cover it? You know it’s not done out of the kindness of their hearts.(Cynicism showing through).

1 Like

You may be right. I don’t know who pays for this, but they’re getting started in countries that have universal health care, so health insurance isn’t a factor. That particular drone was done in partnership with Karolinska Institutet in Sweden.

https://coreheli.com/drone-killer-app-saves-swedish-lives/

1 Like

This article…

I hope they can secure the site & it doesn’t get built over.

1 Like

Exercise Alters Brain Chemistry to Protect Aging Synapses, Study Finds

New Method for Treating Alzheimer’s Disease Developed by Researchers

This 84 year who raises funds by gardening, chopping logs etc to buy and equip ambulances and then drives them over to places in Europe that need them is just awesome.

He helped the orphans too. I cried he when he tells about the little boy he bonded with who died and was just buried outside in wasteland in an unmarked grave

So sad his wife now has Alzheimer’s but he’s being her carer

There’s a thread isn’t there, about what is your passion. His passion for helping and caring is very strong.

My total respect to him

84 year old delivers ambulances

1 Like

A push back against planned obsolescence and an attempt to recycle used things to help conserve resources. The UK and US have had “right to repair” laws for a while. The governments are making more attempts to give consumers the ability, parts and knowledge to repair their own products.

Apple and Microsoft have jumped on board.

Parts for electronics must be made available for 10 years.

Big Repair Project is looking into people’s mindset and willingness to repair their items.

At the same time, Biden put in his support for “right to repair” in his executive order.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1485728202903404551

80-Year-old Man Walks Through Blizzard to Rescue 3 Cars of People