A few tips on stopping smoking

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2 Likes

Don’t worry I agree with you. I trained as a Hypnotherapist many decades ago and while I never personally came across a subject that I could not treat I do know they exist. The point is that people who voluntarily come for treatment already have the seed implanted in their mind that it will work.

From memory giving up smoking was only moderately successful as a treatment, too many other factors involved. Personally I went cold turkey and the first two weeks were hard but it got easier as time went on.

2 Likes

DAY MUNBER 40 WAHOOOOO!!! :clap: :clap: :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Well done! :+1: Are you feeling good?

1 Like

Fantastic. If fact my car is relatively new and I hardly smoked in it. Now when I get in I can smell the cigarette smell. Never smelled it before. Guess my nose was used to cigarette smell, now to get rid of that smell. :grinning:

1 Like

Use febreze? or have those air freshener things that dangle from the mirror? I don’t know how drivers can manage with those things hanging down, but they are popular it seems.

1 Like

Never in a million years. I find them very tacky looking, however I live by

Oh and these for the house one in each room.

Although that 300 day claim on there is a lie I have to replace mine monthly.

1 Like

Maybe its a typo and they meant 30? :joy:

1 Like

Great stuff @Danny , you’re over the worst now and on the home straight :+1:

1 Like

One tip I can pass on is the one that stopped me almost instantly.
I was invited to attend an interview for a difficult post where I knew smoking would not be allowed. I thought about it well before attending and being that I considered the post to be a good pension booster, I went along and sold myself. I was successful so had no choice but to rapidly wean myself right off the dreaded weed in just four short weeks. I’m not saying it was easy, but I was helped by my favourite brand, Rothmans, increasing their price at the same time. This meant I could no longer buy 20 on my way into work and my paper with just a £1 note. Four weeks later and started my new location and position as a non-smoker. I’ve not smoked since :+1:

2 Likes

@PixieKnuckles @Barry @LongDriver I find that not only stopping smoking, but started taking vitamins. I haven’t felt this good in years honestly.

3 Likes

:hugs:

Long may it continue, Danny!

1 Like

Hi

Simple way to stop.

A Cardiac Consultant telling you, if you start smoking again, it will kill you very quickly.

I found that very effective.

1 Like

Well done Danny. :hugs:

1 Like

I have COPD and my Doctor’s kept telling me that if I kept smoking it was going to kill me. Being me. I told the Doctor so “What you’re saying is that if I stop smoking I’m not going to die?” He replied “Not from cigarettes!”
Funny thing is I don’t care what gets me in the end.
Reason for that is simple you will go when it is time and it won’t matter how healthy you are.

Smoked like a train in my early years, had a collapsed lung do to a coughing fit, kinda told me all I wanted to know at 20 about my lungs, gave up there and then, that was in 1977, the first 40 yrs were the worst.

1 Like

LMAO I bet they were. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Well done @Danny, just shows you can do it if you really want to give up the habit.

2 Likes

I gave up 17 years ago and planned it with military precision. I cleaned a room and everything in it and that then became a smokeless zone. I went through the house and car the same, all cupboards and drawers emptied of smoking paraphernalia, everything washed and emptied. Then I picked 1 Feb to start, slapped on patches and never looked back. It was the hardest thing I ever did but I was determined I was never going through that again. I saved an absolute fortune and treated myself to weekends away, loads of books and CDs, pamper sessions and new clothes.

Yes I used to smoke as well about 30 a day. I went cold turkey as the saying goes to stop. I had bad cold so smking was a no no anyway and I had not got any. On top of that it was christmas and all the shops were shut so no chance of getting any .
So for 3/4 days I had stopped then I thought to myself if I can stop over those days why not try not to day by day and week by week. So it was an internal fight to kill the urge/need for a cigerette . It must have taken 2/3 years to even stop thinking about having one, worse was when others were smoking around me and offered one. That was over 40 years ago and believe me it was not easy. However if you knew me you would know how stubborn/determined I can be when my mind is made up. Embassy were 37.5p for 20 at the time if my memory is correct