A few tips on stopping smoking

Google Covid & read what some people who should & possibly do know better. Have to say about Covid & the vaccine.

The fact that some people find subjects they lack the ability to hypnotise with their skills, does not mean that it is a reality for everyone.

Use Google to research hypnosis & the scientific facts relating to it. There is no scientific evidence that hypnosis works. Not using brain sans or anything else, produces one piece of scientifically viable piece of evidence that hypnosis is a reality.

Hypnosis is an art, a performance art. One method does not work for all & psychologists etc often use very poor induction techniques. They also often lack the ability to draw the client into the experience.

Anyway, well done to anyone who wanted to stop smoking and managed to do so whatever way was used.

2 Likes

I give up. :rofl:

1 Like

OK everyone, we seem to have strayed from the topic here and I’m as much to blame as anyone, so let’s leave the debate about hypnosis there and return to the theme shall we!

All and any hints or tips or stopping smoking stories gratefully received… :hugs:

Thanks… :+1:

I do agree with you, @Barry, that the most important - and probably hardest - part of giving up smoking is making the decision to do it. Once that decision is firmly made, the rest is all downhill. It really is! I too was a 40 a day smoker, and had smoked for nearly 40 years. God, what a difference I felt, almost immediately, so much better. I had reached the point where I couldn’t sleep lying on my back, because I simply couldn’t breathe. Within 2 days, I’d overcome that obstacle. Within a couple more days food began to taste wonderful, and everything smelt so much more intensely.

And another plus - our white paintwork stays white!!!

I had tried several times, and failed several times, to quit smoking. I came to realise that my biggest stumbling block was that first cigarette of the day. I would go to bed all fired up (forgive the pun!) to quit, determined that the cigarette I’d just smoked would be my last one ever. Then I’d get up the next morning and, instead of feeling empowered and confident, a heavy cloud of doom would descend, and I’d feel utterly despairing that I couldn’t have my morning smoke.

Then, bingo! I thought, well why not allow myself that first cigarette of the morning and then quit? I thought that if I had just that one, and then went all day without one, the next morning would be a lot easier. And it worked a treat. I got up on January 21st 2007, had my breakfast followed by a cuppa and a smoke, and I’ve never had one since.

1 Like

@Bathsheba I once decided to cut down by just having a cigarette after a meal, but within a couple of weeks I was on 40 meals a day… :rofl:

1 Like

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2 Likes

Don’t worry I agree with you. I trained as a Hypnotherapist many decades ago and while I never personally came across a subject that I could not treat I do know they exist. The point is that people who voluntarily come for treatment already have the seed implanted in their mind that it will work.

From memory giving up smoking was only moderately successful as a treatment, too many other factors involved. Personally I went cold turkey and the first two weeks were hard but it got easier as time went on.

2 Likes

DAY MUNBER 40 WAHOOOOO!!! :clap: :clap: :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Well done! :+1: Are you feeling good?

1 Like

Fantastic. If fact my car is relatively new and I hardly smoked in it. Now when I get in I can smell the cigarette smell. Never smelled it before. Guess my nose was used to cigarette smell, now to get rid of that smell. :grinning:

1 Like

Use febreze? or have those air freshener things that dangle from the mirror? I don’t know how drivers can manage with those things hanging down, but they are popular it seems.

1 Like

Never in a million years. I find them very tacky looking, however I live by

Oh and these for the house one in each room.

Although that 300 day claim on there is a lie I have to replace mine monthly.

1 Like

Maybe its a typo and they meant 30? :joy:

1 Like

Great stuff @Danny , you’re over the worst now and on the home straight :+1:

1 Like

One tip I can pass on is the one that stopped me almost instantly.
I was invited to attend an interview for a difficult post where I knew smoking would not be allowed. I thought about it well before attending and being that I considered the post to be a good pension booster, I went along and sold myself. I was successful so had no choice but to rapidly wean myself right off the dreaded weed in just four short weeks. I’m not saying it was easy, but I was helped by my favourite brand, Rothmans, increasing their price at the same time. This meant I could no longer buy 20 on my way into work and my paper with just a £1 note. Four weeks later and started my new location and position as a non-smoker. I’ve not smoked since :+1:

2 Likes

@PixieKnuckles @Barry @LongDriver I find that not only stopping smoking, but started taking vitamins. I haven’t felt this good in years honestly.

3 Likes

:hugs:

Long may it continue, Danny!

1 Like

Hi

Simple way to stop.

A Cardiac Consultant telling you, if you start smoking again, it will kill you very quickly.

I found that very effective.

1 Like

Well done Danny. :hugs:

1 Like