A Doctors Visit Today

Hi

My arteries are already hardened and not just the ones in the heart, 4 out of 5 of which are completely blocked.

The one remaining one has two stents in it…

No more heart operations are possible, so entirely medicine controlled.

One of which is a statin, 80mg a day.

The artery from my left leg to the heart is also partially blocked and the leg stops working from time to time.

My advice is very simple, take whatever they give you and if you get bad side effects get it changed.

It is far better to do this than worry about any possible side effects which some may get than decide not to take the medication and suffer the effects of the condition.

Hardening of the arteries is definately best avoided.

3 Likes

If you have had a heart attack or stroke then I think your advice is sound. however, from what I have read there is no evidence that taking statins when you have no such history will not prolong your life by even a day.

I don’t take them Lion Queen, they gave me bad acid from most of the things I can normally eat, especially at night. Which is the preferred time to take a statin. It’s up to you though, my advice would be to take them and see for yourself if you get any side effects.

I agree, Foxy.
They affect us all differently it seems. So no one knows how Queenie would be.
I’d ask for a low dose and give it a try, and then make my decision.

2 Likes

Well its not written when we go , lengthen or shorten ones life doesn’t come into it imo .