A Doctors Visit Today

About a month ago I was called for a lung scan as I have been a heavy smoker in the past, I quit smoking 15 years ago.

I had a letter from the NHS to tell my my lungs are fine thankfully, the letter only told me regarding my lungs.

This morning I had to go to the docs for something unrelated and I’m shocked to find out that the lung scan detected I have hardening of the arteries :frowning:

I have been having some heart problems for 3 years with having AF and last Thursday I was sent for an echocardiagram to see how my heart is behaving. The results of the Echo won’t be back for a while yet so I’m concerned that if the lung scan showed I have a heart problem what will the Echo pick up as that is a heart scan.

Doctor has put me on Statins.

Had I not had to go see doc for something else this morning I wouldn’t have known, well, not yet anyway but I suppose I would find out when the results of Echo come back.

Oh well, such is life, it’s not much fun getting old is it.

I’ll keep positive and get this weight off I’ve put on during covid!

Anyone on statins? Did they give you any side effects?

I’ve been taking atorvastatin for a few years with no side effects at all.

1 Like

Do you have hardening of arteries ? Good to hear no side effects

No, just an elevated level of cholesterol in my blood. A slight diet change and the statin has turned that around thank goodness.

1 Like

Oh Queenie, that is not good news, is it? All these things that used to happen to old people are now happening to us - it’s a shock to realise that’s because we are now the old people :frowning_face:

I’m not on statins, but I suspect I probably should be, as I struggle with my cholesterol. I expect this will be the case after my next round of blood tests unless I get a wiggle on and sort my diet (and therefore my weight!) out properly.

Good luck with your echo results, I hope there aren’t any more surprises waiting to jump out at you xx

1 Like

I have been on statins for years. It is said they cause aches and pains, but as I have joint problems anyway I wouldn’t know the difference.

Sending hugs.

1 Like

I always think, if they don’t rush you into hospital then things can’t be so bad.

I am resigned to the fact that we all get something in our later years but luckily there is so much medicine/treatments now to help us.
Years ago, maybe, we’d have died without them.

LQ, l hope the statins help you.

1 Like

Yes and me. No probs.

Very similar to my heart problems. My echocardiogram suggested that my coronary arteries may have become narrowed.
Subsequently, I was put on statins but I am pleased to say that I have had no side effects due to them.

Shortly after these investigations, as I have mentioned elsewhere, I have had a pacemaker implanted and, happily, I have felt a lot better since.
Of course, such a thing may not be pertinent to your own problems.

Good luck to you anyway and let us hope for the best.

At first yes, and then I was swapped around until Crestor (rosuvastatin) was found to be the ideal statin for me with zero side effects. I take 5mg daily and my last blood tests + echo were ace :ok_hand:
I have been taking Crestor for 10 yrs and pleased to be on the tablets :+1:

Same here LD. I was on Simvastatin at first but have been on 5mg Rosuvastatin for many years with no side effects.

My tabs just came they are atorvastin

Same as myself,

1 Like

Same here, but I just have a low dose.

1 Like

@LionQueen …… I also take Atorvastatin 20mg, I have been taking then for years and have had no side effects.

1 Like

Same as mine (20mg). No problems for me, and hopefully none for you!

1 Like

Mine is 40mg. I don’t think I have adverse effects. Maybe I would have if I stop them.

1 Like

I do Statins, the side effect maybe I don’t start threads anymore. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

But, that could be the Covid Vax. :icon_wink:

1 Like

I can appreciate that! Too many categories, sub categories and sub-sub categories.
Much easier just to join in with those which have already been started. :rofl:

3 Likes