A Divided Britain

Marmite is King

and look what a state that has left you in!

euphoria

or girl.

A good correction. I’d forgotten how much the establishment has moved with the times and embraced modern concepts. I hear William is considering signing off his emails with they/them. Sorry, ‘their’ emails.

2 Likes

Or something in between

:astonished:

1 Like

I wish the media would concentrate more on the good work they do, rather than the gossip. If after the news they can do sports reports, why can’t they do royal reports, I’d be much more interested in that than sports and as for the gossip, I’m not interested in that at all:

But you are just posting gossip too .
Work for them is not precisely the same as for most people and lots of people do really good work and are NOT feted as if it’s something exceptional .
They don’t have to worry about catching a bus / train. Everything is made easy for them and they have copious free holidays all arrangements made .
They dont have to do anything unsavoury or meet deadlines
They do t have to placate irate bosses or the general public deference is everywhere .
I think we have quite enough sycophancy this week without praising them for not doing very much and calling it real work .

5 Likes

I can go for a stroll down the beach whenever I want to. I can go for a coffee with whoever I want to without it being reported all over the press.

Can tell you I wouldn’t swap my penniless life for theirs and bet you wouldn’t survive just one day of it.

1 Like

Hi

We have a new monarch, a new Prime Minister, the 4th in 6 years.

We have raging inflation and energy prices, are still recovering from the Pandemic, supply chain problems and a world economy slowing down.

We also have decades of governments of all parties not taking strategic decisions and this is now coming back to cause problems.

1 Like

@ Wendeey I bet I would and so would you .
Most people just can’t stroll down to the beach just when they want to because they have to go to work .The royals do in fact have loads of holidays ( they are not all reported ) some exotic and they can stroll down beaches the same as anyone else .
It amazes me that people can be so gullible as to consider their incredible super paid privileged lifestyles as real work .

3 Likes

Muddy that’s where you’re wrong. I definitely wouldn’t swap my life for theirs. I’m not at all a materialistic person and I’m a person who is grateful for what I do have and not envious of people who have more than me.

OK I should have said, can just stroll down the beach after work.

And if these holidays aren’t reported on how do you know they have holidays that aren’t reported on. And if they do, so what, I say good on them. Don’t you remember when Wills and Kate went on holiday and a photographer took photos of Kate topless in the privacy of their holiday home. Would you really like that to happen to you.

And would you like this:

The pictures were taken from a helicopter that hovered close to their former home in Oxfordshire in January and were published in The Times and elsewhere. The low-altitude shots were said to have looked “into the living area and dining area of the home and directly into the bedroom,” the High Court heard in London on Thursday.

And this is the real job that Harry wanted to do:

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/29/world/asia/28cnd-harry.html#:~:text=LONDON%20—%20The%20Defense%20Ministry%20announced,for%20him%20to%20stay%20there.

The Defense Ministry said in a statement that although Prince Harry had been expected to remain in Afghanistan for a few more weeks with his unit from the Household Cavalry Regiment Battlegroup, “the situation has now clearly changed.” As a result, the chief of the defense staff, Air Chief Marshal Sir Jock Stirrup, decided “to withdraw Prince Harry from Afghanistan immediately,” the ministry said.

This decision has been taken primarily on the basis that the worldwide media coverage of Prince Harry in Afghanistan could impact on the security of those who are deployed there, as well as the risks to him as an individual soldier,” the statement added.

That was ages ago .
They go on holidays and it comes out later .
You are not materialistic or envious so what ?
Saying what is true doesn’t make people materialistic or envious .
If you want to make them into some sort of overworked saints and put them on a pedestal do so .
That’s your choice but let’s not insult the intelligence or minimalise people who do really good work by a comparison with these people

2 Likes

Gawd does it matter when it happened. It still happens. So they are reported on then even if they come out later.

You enjoy your royals Wendeey
Little wonder we have such a divided Britain when we have people who still attribute these unremarkable people with such unearned virtues .

4 Likes

Hi

Personally I would not like to be a member of the royal family or a senior politician.

They are followed, scrutinised and have people going through your rubbish bins.

A nightmare as far as I am concerned, I like being invisible.

1 Like

How would people be going through their rubbish bins swims ?

1 Like

Hi

With Politicians it is easy, they put their rubbish out like anyone else.

They are also not the best in the world at remembering how to dispose of paperwork etc.

In one glorious case, putting a very sexy set of underwear, which was nowhere near the size his wife would wear, in the bin.

The politicians have no excuse, just dump anything in the waste bins in Parliament, it is that simple

The royals are more difficult, however they still make mistakes when out and about.

1 Like

more like visionary hallucinations?

@ Judd, Bovril is better !!