A Different View Of Perspectives

I find different sayings, paragraphs, quotes, and unusual words that give me food for thought, looking at a topic or mundane decision differently.
Here are a few from me…please post anything that has given you the chance for a different perspective you hadn’t thought about before.

once upon

5 Likes

download

3 Likes

The Americanised use of Ass. To me many years ago an Ass was akin to a Donkey, but since getting myself on-line just after 2000, I was introduced to Ass meaning the same as our Arse, and to me that seemed very strange :point_right: ‘she fell on her ass’ :astonished:, oh poor animal, but it wasn’t so because she slipped and landed on her bum - ouch!

2 Likes

And to me, the word Arse is so funny. It’s as if Brits are trying to disguise the term by dragging it out with the roll of the tongue. (Not the donkey’s tongue, mind you).
Maybe it seems a bit more proper?

1 Like

2 Likes

Some really nice stuff there RightNow, and plenty of room for thought…
:+1:
Perhaps not as subtle as your your contributions…

Stupid

2 Likes

Why do old geezers keep on offering up philosophical stuff?

Are they stupid?

2 Likes

How about this one…
.Coffins

1 Like

I’d like to think us old geezers are making a last attempt to give the youngsters a nudge in the right direction. :grin:

Bugger um.

1 Like

Wisdom Spitty, when you’ve seen it all and done it all you become experienced in life…Some of us anyway…Some are still quite naive…
:wink:

1 Like

But not wise enough to know that no one listens to sound advice.

1 Like

Spitty is wise enough, not to offer advice, sound or otherwise.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

I often think that.

1 Like

1 Like

And a lot of us get left on the shelf.

1 Like