A definite sign of the times

One section of my routine early morning walk takes me past the ‘Portacabin’ site.

For years there used to be signs - warning would be burglars - that the site was patrolled by guard dogs. Then the signs changed to warnings about CCTV. This morning I saw the notices had changed again - “This site is patrolled by Drones” !!

I am waiting for the one that says “Bots Rule”.

3 Likes

what are they guarding - crown jewels??

Portacabins!

I can see this is gonna be slow and laborious ! - empty or full?? haha

It is the site where they are made so - presumably - empty!

theh buddhist monks have their own ‘portacabins’ called ’ kutis’ but I think they may be slightly larger - say large enough to swing a cat?

But - do they have drones to watch over them?

Flogging with a cat’o’nine tails is illegal - haven’t you heard?

well if you spend some time at a monestry you will here much droning and droning and there is no need to provide those ‘evil’ buzzing drones that spy on you the drones are made in the vocal cords and mouths of the monks - beautiful sound - it has sent me to sleep many times! snails have portacabins but not drones heh?

Sounds like a good idea, but what do they do?

Just take photos and trigger alarms, I guess, not bite burglars on the bum like any self-respecting guard dog :crazy_face:

2 Likes

summat like that but I don’t think they “drone” at all?

1 Like

the cost of all this “droning” bet its going to be more than spend a penny

1 Like

I ‘spose. But it costs to keep and feed guard dogs too and sometimes they don’t have very nice lives

It’s only a matter of time before they invent one that does!! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

They should think outside the box, paint JOB CENTRE in big letters on it, the ungodly will go nowhere near it. :wink:

2 Likes

or army recruiting office?

Used to be a good career, world travel, a pension, nice t shirts, rape loot and pillage, it’s gone all soft now, no more looking into the white of the enemies eyes while you bayonet them, now you can destroy nations by sitting in a porta cabin viewing monitors and pressing the ‘bog off’ button. :grinning:

1 Like

Good grief - to think all that is happening just a five minute walk from my door!

Christ! That made me laugh :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Then I have served a useful purpose today - that has to be good. Will reward myself with a cup of tea.

I will, from my porta cabin, send a drone carrying a packet of chocolate digestives to enjoy with your tea,:smiley:

1 Like