A bit of a low mood tonight . .

Well that was worth getting from me bed to read that Mups
So worth a try wasn’t it, she seems a lot happier which can only be good.
Xx

Well we can only wait and see Patsy. I don’t know yet, how she will be tomorrow or the next day, but she was definitely happier tonight.
If I only make life a bit easier for her for a short time, I shall be well pleased. x

Everytime you do something for her its a gift you give her. Every day she wakes up and greets you its her gift to you.

Enjoy the days you have and try not to dwell on the things to come.

We now look on every day, each walk, each pat and moment with Benny as a gift.

[/B]
Absolutely right Mups

Perfect :slight_smile:

Thinking about you Mups, it is a year now since my little Muffin had to leave me. It still hurts so much that he isn´t here but I console myself by working on his memory book at times when I really miss him and I also console myself by remembering that little Muffin never knew a day´s cruelty or abuse in his life, he was loved by everyone and he loved everyone. I truly do feel for you.

Mups with my oldie , who is having the same problem, I have a special harness which fits under the chest and under the abdomen. It has a type of handle on the top so I can lift her when she can’t get up and also support her when walking as she can fall over at time. It’s from a company called Quinnels. We are going from day to day. She it also on Tramadol and Trocoxil. Basically non of her legs work. She had an RTA at 2 and had to have the head of one femur removed. It’s all catching up with her now. Tarn is a Border Collie, is your girl a small or large dog? Sounds as if the chiropractor visit may have been beneficial, fingers crossed for you both.

Hugs for you both :hug:

http://www.creaturecomfortshomevet.com/uploads/1/2/7/6/12768574/1376436827.jpg

What a beautiful thing to say, Cass!

Hugs to you, Mups, and a gentle one for Pips.

Mups :slight_smile: have you ever tried TT , gentle massage is usually appreciated by dogs.
http://www.ttouch.com/howtodoTTouch.shtml
I do one and a quarter circles using only gentle pressure.
Anther thing which might help is heat, a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel of a hot pack (held in place for a few moments never left with Nellie around).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib9cgxl9LJE

Yes, thankyou Meg. I have books on T.Touch, and do the same as you, moving the skin in the circles. All mine love it so it must feel nice to them. I’ve done it on myself on occasions too.
My lovely chiropractor is also a T.Touch practitioner too. I love her to bits, and so glad I know her. She has helped me no end over the years.

That’s interesting Meg, I’ve never heard of TT before but I often do the 1 and a quarter circle with finger on the top of Cassie’s head. She’s always been a nervous cat and whilst doing this movement I can see and feel the relaxation in her and see it in her eyes.

How are you and Pip doing tonight? x

She is still holding on. If her legs ache, or she starts swaying about when she is eating her dinner, I let her go to bed and feed her the rest there.
She still has her appetite, but it just takes her longer to finish now.

She has a very special menu nowadays, with a good variety of different flavours to keep her interested. She is fed twice daily, but I’m thinking 3 smaller meals instead might be easier for her.

I have got so much admiration for that old girl, the way she copes with her life now. She has never got grumpy when in pain, she is still the sweet natured old soul she’s always been.
Thanks for asking. X

I’m so sorry Mups I know how you feel we lost 3 cats and I absolutely hate the journey knowing it’s going to happen. bUt you have too , can she go on suffering, she can’t talk. But you will know when the time is right.
Our little cat Alfie was 4yrs old his way of telling us was ignoring us hiding away. He had cancer I took him to a healer but he had enough. Heartbreaking . If you need to talk I’m here X

((((((Mups))))))
what a lovely and caring person you are

Cat Woman and Red Kite, thankyou both so much for your good wishes, you are good people, and I appreciate it. x

Problems again.

My Pips was ‘not herself’ yesterday, and today she was worse.
She had me up at 2.30 this morning, and again at 5.30 am with diarrhea. “Not again”, I thought to myself, I’ve only just got Izzy better.
Anyway, because of her great age (17 & half) I phoned the vet for advice and he left some medication out for me to collect, as he knows she is so frightened of going to the surgery.
Within half hour of taking the first pill, she was sick. This continued. I was worried about her losing fluid both ends and me unable to replace it because she was refusing water. Phoned vet again for advice. They said to take her in.
I know she feels very poorly because for the first time in her life she wasn’t shaking and scared at the vets, she just layed on his table.

I had to make a decision whether to risk stressing her out by leaving her there for a drip, or taking her home and her getting worse overnight.

In the end, I said let her try the drip and see how she goes. He has promised to ring me at 9 pm tonight. He said if she is very stressed, he will advise me, and I’d best go and collect her.

So here I am, after that horrid journey home with an empty space next to me in the car, anxiously waiting for that phone call.
I am terrified she will die in the kennels on her own. I want to bring her home, but I know she needs the drip.

Oh Mups - so sorry :frowning:
Try not to think on those lines, when you are so ill you just don’t care where you are, she is probably very tired anyway
Please don’t be thinking those negative thoughts, you are doing the best for her Xx

Oh dear Mups :frowning: so sorry to hear Pips is unwell again. It must be so worrying for you - I do hope the phone call from the Vet at 9:00pm will be reassuring news.

Big hugs to you… x

Big hugs to you Mups:hug::hug: