A £150 pair of rugged Timberlands - Whose Boots?

It isn’t just you Boot, I can’t see anything worthy of discussion about what he is wearing - suitably dressed for the situation I would have thought.

1 Like

Well, there’s waterproof for walking … and there’s waterproof for sailing:

Yeah - useful for some situations but not all! They are on board, not wading in the water - the border force crew member he is standing next to isn’t wearing wellies, is he?! :wink:

He’s not wearing “fashion” boots, either - his boots are workwear.

Never see the point of half wellies .

Ooh, I love my half wellies for when I’m gardening in wet weather - I like weeding when the soil is damp and I like to wear footwear that I can swill the mud off under the outside tap but I find full length wellies a bit cumbersome and chafing when I’m getting up and down on my knees doing the weeding, so half wellies are perfect for me.

1 Like

Quite … short wellies have their uses:

Mid calf wellies are a great choice for summer months, making them perfect for festival goers! You may find that the traditional long length wellies to be too warm and therefore a shorter wellington boot may be worth considering. Shorter wellies are great for slipping in and out quickly, making them perfect for having by the back door!

The Dunlop Dee Calf wellington boots are an ankle length wellie boot with a tough and durable sole unit. It is a generous fit for ankle and calf and are great for those people who struggle to get welly boots on and off.

My Ad Blocker doesn’t seem to be working.

2 Likes

I’ve spent the best part of my life walking and running on the North Yorkshire Moors and I have never set foot on there in any kind of boot…Only wimps try to keep their feet dry…This is the only thing you need to wear on that rugged ground…

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

They do wang well though :wink::point_right::grin::+1:

There’s something very peculiar about the boots thing? They just look like a prop on him

They look weathered on top but the soles are immaculate, with no wear? Does he ever actually do any Timberland style walking? Are they really his or just a one-off

It’s trivia, of course, and not ‘news’ but politicians probably need to steer clear of obvious props or they look patronising trying to “fit in”

Think of some of the photos of Johnson looking absurd in silly hats and costumes

2 Likes

Something peculiar about Sunak’s boots they’re not sitting right . Slightly flipped up at the sides and toes like clowns boots hmmm .

Rishi looks like a strong wind would blow him away he needs hefty boots to weigh him down .

It tickles me to see the range of things the media and social media think is newsworthy.
Over the years, there’s been a lot of attention /mockery / criticism focused on just about every aspect of the appearance of our Prime Ministers and high profile politicians. Every PM has been picked on for trivia like this - it seems to be a National Sport!

From the top down -
They’ve been laughed at for being too bald, having hair too neat, too thick, too thin, too unruly and for wearing silly hats
Some have been criticised for being too fat, too thin and even for not being tall enough!
Some have been mocked / criticised for their clothes and bags - too scruffy, too expensive, too old-fashioned, too modern, too dowdy, too revealing, the wrong type of coat, the wrong colour jacket and even the wrong trousers! ( Grommit! ) :rofl:

Then skipping down to the toes,
We’ve had close up pics in the tabloids showing up politicians who haven’t cleaned their shoes, shoes which are too well polished, too expensive, too flirty, too high-heeled, too flat, too kittenish - and now they are the wrong type of Boots!

You’ve got to laugh - it is just such a crazy trivial thing to focus on.
I think some politicians understand the way these trivial things can distract Joe Public from the things that matter and they take advantage of that, like Boris deliberately ruffling his hair to maintain an image designed to distract attention from his rubbish policies!

Just imagine how boring it would be if politicians had the same standardised “uniforms” for every occasion - instead of people being able to have fun venting their disapproval by making fun of their appearance, from top to toe, folk may have to actually focus on the serious things that really matter! :wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely!
Is he or isn’t he… wearing Timberland :wink:

1 Like

A Footwear meme for every occasion! :rofl:

I think being slightly disrespectful and mocking our politicians is a well established Great British trait that helps stop them getting too full of themselves or thinking they’re too important

Of course they use it to manipulate and distract too……

And if you put yourself out there and court publicity like a celeb, especially the ones who do things like Big Brother, well your just asking for it, aren’t you?

1 Like

Well they are certainly asking for it on ‘Big Brother’ Maree…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like