A £150 pair of rugged Timberlands - Whose Boots?

No prizes for guessing but most guesses would be wrong … :laughing:

In fact, the boots belong to:

this man

Rishi Sunak sported a £150 pair of rugged Timberlands yesterday as he joined border force crews in Dover

Just the thing for a little boat trip … :roll_eyes:

I guessed Harry or Meghan.

The Charlie Chaplin stance in pic one is a dead giveaway :081:

Perhaps he should stick to his brown Prada loafers? I just don’t think he can carry off the rugged boots thing.

I just saw this on twitter…the boots are bigger than him :slight_smile:

1 Like

These boots are made for walkin’
And that’s just what they’ll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you
Ya

1 Like

Well I suppose we should be thankful that he didn’t choose to dress like that!

2 Likes

Rishi ?

Yes Rishi !
Apologies Muddy my finger just brushed the flag icon on your post, it wasn’t intended

I don’t know the system well enough to un- flag so to speak. If I try I’d probably just make it worse.

I knew they couldn’t be mine because they are far too small for my large feet.

:rofl: They’re very clean rugged boots, aren’t they? Even the soles. Maybe he gets a peasant to lick them for him?

Still, it’s lucky he didn’t fall in the sea at Dover, those boots would have dragged him straight to the bottom……

2 Likes

Nah, he’s too light weight to sink.

1 Like

3 Likes

Terrific…I nearly choked on my bagel :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t understand why someone is being mocked for wearing a sturdy pair of waterproof leather boots.
They look like nice boots to me - and would be great for a good walk over the Yorkshire Moorland in Rishi’s home constituency too.

I could understand him being mocked if he’d gone on the sea journey in a business suit and Prada suede loafer shoes but he looks appropriately dressed to me. You need sturdy, waterproofed, non-slip footwear on a choppy sea journey, so those boots look a sensible choice - though I’d probably have tightened the laces a bit more.
The Border Force Officer in the same photo is also wearing sturdy leather boots, which is part of the Border Force uniform, yet no mockery is directed at him.
:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m don’t believe it’s solely about the boots, rather credibility. The Border Force officer looks entirely credible. Rishi on the other hand looks as if he’s indulging in a rather half cocked attempt at posturing.

Maybe it’s just me :wink:

1 Like

The boots certainly look well-worn but from walking, not working, which prompts me to ask “Should Timberland boots be shiny?”

As a countryside walker, I have never worn Timberland boots which, apparently, are a “style” icon:

but always chosen more activity-specific footwear, like these from Brasher:

AFAIK, The Border Force Officer is wearing Magnum Stealthforce 6.0 CP CN boots:

https://www.magnumboots.co.uk/collections/all-products/products/stealth-force-6-0-boots-black

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me that is viewing his outfit through different eyes.
I’ve lived on the edge of the Yorkshire Moors for so long that seeing someone in a pair of leather boots doesn’t look out of the ordinary to me - most folk I know have a pair of sturdy waterproof boots and leather boots stay waterproof if you keep them well waxed, so why shouldn’t Rishi have a pair?
I’ve been sailing for years too, so seeing someone in a Helly Hansen Waterproof and pair of sturdy waterproof boots doesn’t look out of place for someone who’s been invited to experience a sail round the choppy waters of the Channel. He was probably advised to wear waterproof footwear.

I don’t suppose we’ll ever know for sure. Perhaps he was poorly advised, perhaps he took the initiative.

Somehow it just doesn’t wash with me, no pun intended.

1 Like