5G poses a threat to aircraft

2 Likes

Blimey … scary for fliers … :scream_cat:

Very scary

If they can’t agree on if it will disrupt navigation or not, I sure as heck wouldn’t want to be a passenger on the flights while they wait and see what happens!

I don’t think it’s only aircraft that will be affected by 5G…
:skull:

Same over here. They are asking them to delay the launch of 5g another two weeks, to give Airports time to finish preparing.

1 Like

The FAA has just issued 1500 notams due to 5G. Notams are “a notice containing information essential to personnel concerned with flight operations.”

https://www.ainonline.com

@OldGreyFox are you saying that it hasn’t been switched on yet? I thought it started a couple of years ago? Weren’t they blaming 5 g for Covid??

I’m sure it is switched on, as I’ve been looking into the option of moving to Vodaphone 5G Home Broadband so that I can tell Virgin to stuff their imminent price rises!

If you threaten to leave they will offer you a better deal. Once you are with virgin they will never let you go.

You’re not wrong, and I have been with them for many years. I have decided to give them a call tomorrow (probably) and remind them that both I and Marge are poor pensioners and are finding their charges difficult to meet. Perhaps if they could reduce their rates a little, I’d be happy to accept lower upload/download speeds.

Sorry, just practising! Perhaps I can think of some more ‘poor tales to cry about’.

AvTalk Episode 147: The US’s 5G fiasco | Flightradar24 Blog