4K Camcorder arrived $129

While I was on the phone to the camera shop about the handle for the camcorder I also asked what the revised version was for. Apparently it is a focus improvement and it is very very good. Just tried to put up a video in MOV format and this site doesn’t accept it. Maybe something Azz can see to.

Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorised (authorised extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp).

1 Like

RS, you can’t upload any video directly from your device…it has to go through a video site like youtube etc.

I think the limit for loading is 500px. For video I have to upload to YouTube and then post link.

looks like it is only via youtube then, no real problem. Just another step to take.after editing. yes I did that with the above video. So much to learn again things get forgotten

1 Like

How strange is it not that after a phone call to the shop I now have a tracking number for the panasonic handle. should be with me tomorrow

1 Like

yes definately need the handle the camcorder is quite a heavy bit of kit to hold via the wrist wrap around strap. At least it is not one of those velco straps but a proper slid through adjustment ones. Just another difference between pro and cosumer.
The zoom rocker switch is fantastic positioned exactly where it should be and gives great control on zoom speed.
The more I am getting used to it the more I am liking it. No wonder it is not easy to get hold of one as demand outpaces supply

1 Like

just checked on delivery of camcorder handle. At the moment it is at Gatwick Airport DHL handling depot.
So will get it today

Apologies for going right back to the beginning, but I have a Panasonic HC-V100 camcorder of similar size to that but only 1080, not 4K, and have had it for many years. I’m sure the quality of the recordings (on SD card) are not as good as yours, but bearing in mind the convenience of carrying it around in my pocket I am perfectly happy with the results. The zoom, too, is enormous - 37x optical - though, of course holding it steady at a high zoom is almost impossible. It does have a tripod bush, though.
If I could get the 4K one at the price you managed, I’d seriously think about it as I seem to remember paying roughly that price for the one I have.

here it is fully kitted up. Weight 3.7 lb
I can now see the reason why not many videos are shown as the person is walking. OK I have only tried it in the back garden with slippers on and even with the handle ones body movement makes it hard to keep steady. Will have to prefect this I think with practice.

Having 8 user buttons is handy being able to set each one as wanted
Took a bit of time finding where the electonic I zoom was against to optical zoom as typically instruction manual useless. Eventually found it among the programmable buttons

1 Like

I have assigned these camcorder buttons for

1 button to D.zoom
                                    2 button to Backlight
                                    3 button to O.I.S
                                    4 button to AE level
                                    5 button left it on rec check
                                    6 button   left onAWB
                                    7 button left on area
                                   8 button  left on face detect 

Thought a good idea to do a printout as a reminder

1 Like

Just got through resetting my computer back to factory settings. Finally got all the programs I need reinstalled. It was time, I got the Green screen of death twice this morning.

that’s a real bummer do you have any idea what caused it? therfe is a very good program called " System Mechanic" no its not one idiot fix type programs more into serious computer fix ones I have been using it for years now and keeps my computer ok

1 Like

Just a year and a half of installing and uninstalling crap. Not really sure the cause, bit 80% of the icons on my screen were games I don’t even play anymore. I always save my programs and everything else on my 2tb external drive. :grinning:

A clean desktop is sweet.

think there is a free download or a trail download of system mechanic

Just saved myself a few £s. I was thinking of getting a camera bag for the camcorder then remembered my old Tamrac system 6 and it is perfect for the job

Takes the camcorder and handle attached with plenty of room for the microphone batteries and charger anf imemory card and filters. I can even insert velco protection pads if I need to as still got them as well

1 Like

Nice! :grinning: :grinning:

this video is just a rough cut not a dedicated video on a subject. I was seeing Only* how good the light was from the Panasonic HC-X1500 handle was. Nothing about focus or content as that was not what I wanted to know or to test

Music called “Bed time story” shot in 4k mov format

Have to say the image stablisation was not bad handheld although not really trying to keep steady

1 Like

Image quality looks excellent. Light worked well could make out details, without problem.
Your subject could seem less interested though. :grinning:

Just hit another problem
my editing suite doesn’t have MOV file format in it so had tgo get MOVIVA suite instead. So another learning curve to overcome
so here is first effort as a practice with it

Also as the camcorder doesn’t do stills I have to screen capture but i have the Nikon cameras for that anyway

Managed to find out how to deal with panning judder
Recommender if using 50 fps it is recommened to use double shutter speed ie 1/100sec
however with this camcorder I am finding the 1/125 is a lot better and cuts out that judder as seen on ththe video just posted
Next is to find out if I can do anything with focus area
doesn’t look as though I can

Been reading up on Adobe premier elements and their codecs. Seems that this editing suite doesn’t support MOV files. I think adobe are out of touch with format inclusion

Ok Just about understanding how to set the camcorder up to what I want. although I was fairly familier with Panasonic camcorders this one definately needed time to get to"know" it and how the menus are set up. 9 hours well spent in my opinion after all this is a professional camcorder., The operating instruction book is next to useless and not worth the paper it is printed on. 19 pages of what not to do with it like drop it or how to put the battery in, 22 pages of how to attach the eyepiece cover or similar. That is half the book the rest is !!!

example of how to remove a clip. I would never have found out without this a video

Panasonic should include a video on how to with the camcorder

1 Like