4 billion people worldwide watched the queen's funeral

That’s just the terrestrials … if we count the ETs with TV (or equivalent) in the Milky Way, then I believe that the figure may be nearer a googol … :thinking:

1 Like

I think King Charles wants a simpler coronation with not so much pomp and ceremonies

3 Likes

And I was one of them. :slightly_smiling_face: Transmission quality was good.

1 Like

Do you think he knows how to conduct such a low key event though? The man has grown up knowing nothing else but pomp & ceremony, and the “sense of occasion”.

2 Likes

@Dextrouse, l fort Al Jolsen said MAaammi ?? :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I didn’t watch the funeral, far to close for the one I had to attend.
Doubt I’ll watch the King getting crowned either.

You hit an F Sharp there.

Define low key, a coronation might be a rather joyless affair devoid of all pomp, ceremony and pageantry?

UK viewer figures … 28 million . Which means that 95% of the available TV viewers were watching the funeral simultaneously.

@Dextrous63 , Is that licensed TV ownership ?Or total TV ownership ?
Some households have several TVs in the house ??
From the queues l saw, a lot of people must have gone out and left the
TV on !! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

No idea. Just reporting what I heard on the radio on my way home this evening.

1 Like

I am thinking of having a similar funeral, am planing it now.

1 Like

A bit of CGI might be simpler.

1 Like

Mine would be more exclusive, I wouldn’t be inviting every Tom, Dick and Harry from around the world, for example Liz Truss will not be invited, nor King Charles.

Sorry posted a post on the wrong thread. Please delete.

1 Like

Fortunately it has all been condensed into an easy to watch cultural event, saying farewell to Liz of Australia.

@Bruce … GROAN :neutral_face:

Even better, on today’s public holiday to mourn the Queen thousands took to the streets calling to abolish the monarchy.

I didn’t know the Monarchy was involved in Abo injustices! I thought the Aussies managed that all on their own.

You see, you learned something new.

The queen also ruled for about 60% of Australia’s nationhood.