2024 UK General Election - who did you vote for?

Here also, only five candidates.

Reform UK

• Total seats 4
  • Change +4
  • Total votes 4,092,209
  • Share 14.3%
  • Share change +12.3

Green

• Total seats 4
  • Change +3
  • Total votes 1,939,509
  • Share 6.8%
  • Share change +4.1

Plaid Cymru

• Total seats 4
  • Change +2
  • Total votes 194,811
  • Share 0.7%
  • Share change +0.2

An unfair system.

1 Like

Labour for me - a tactical vote to keep out the SNP. Thankfully it wasn’t in vain.

1 Like

I voted tactically as always, for the LibDems, who was elected with a big majority.

2 Likes

Was very suprised with the Romford MP being reelected.

Or, while swimming, turn around and go with the trend. It strikes me that so many of us will benefit from a Labour government.

The new foreign secretary is in for a difficult time if the “tyrant in a toupee” wins in November.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4756556-uk-election-labour-foreign-secretary-david-lammy-trump-nazi/

This does not surprise me at all and it’s just my opinion.
The question was who did you vote for, and only two answered the question.
Some did not vote at all??? Chance to have a say that counts and not use it. I don’t know about there, but here, it’s an unwritten rule. If you didn’t vote, you have right to complain.
My hat is off to the the ones that stood up and was counted.
Just my opinion.

3 Likes

I wanted to vote tactically, but no one from that party was standing, you’d think they would have done better as it seemed a lot of people were voting tactically…I don’t think they won any seats…

1 Like

I’m happy to confirm that I voted Labour. I’ve recently met Rachel Reeves and she impressed me hugely. A smart, financially savvy politician. A good day.

This sums up what many around the country were thinking when they woke this morning

4 Likes

Thanks for the Jonathan Pie video @AnnieS - he is so irreverently witty and it gave me a great laugh. :rofl::joy::+1:

1 Like