2024: Any big plans?

I’m hoping that 2024 will be a year of organizing for me. I’ve been doing so many things the last few years that I haven’t had a chance to plan or organize, even my thoughts very much. I hope I’ll get some time in 2024 to organize things and thoughts.

What are your plans for 2024? Planning any big trips or events? Any new additions to the family? Starting anything new? Planning any big purchases?

1 Like

It’s not so much if I have any plans for life but maybe more a case of what life has planned for me. If it lets me, I want to make 80 in November. The signs are looking good so far. :slight_smile: For health reasons, we’re both kind of prisoners in a comfortable house that we can’t travel far from for too long. Even so, we’re pretty content with our lot. If it carries on this way, that would be OK.

No big purchases planned but just might get a new e-bike. One that is better for off-road purposes… and maybe a new manual wheelchair for Mrs mart. The current one is getting a bit creaky.

4 Likes

Any plans for a celebration? That’s a big milestone. I hope to wish you a Happy Birthday in November.

1 Like

I don’t worry much about celebrating birthdays but since 80 is a fair milestone, I expect the family will want to arrange a bash. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck with that mart. :grinning: I’ve got another 8 years to go!

2024 we hope to get away to Portugal twice, spring and autumn. Staying alive and not falling over breaking any bones (as I did last December) … that’s top priority.

2 Likes

I tend to be more spontaneous than to make plans, I wet a finger and stick it in the air and if the wind is coming from a favourable direction, off I go…I’ve still got six and a half years before my 80th…Whether I get there is up to the Lord. Be a shame to waste money on a do at this stage…

2 Likes

I am over 5 years past my eightieth so no big plans for me. I take it one day at a time.

6 Likes

I’ve made an executive decision and decided to get back into weight training. This is definitely not a January fad thing, I used to love getting involved with the gym atmosphere and chomping at the bit, can’t wait.

I’m just checking the small print before joining, 24 hour access :+1: I’ll have to splash out a modest sum on some clobber and whey/caeisin protein from Holland and Barrett but hey ho, omelettes and eggs!

3 Likes

Unlike our @butterscotch, I’ve sorted through both material things and emotional thoughts this year.
I’ve pretty much decided what to focus on, and what to let go. The material part has been taken care of, as I am not a “save it for a maybe later” type of gal.
Ah, but the mental and emotional happenings tend to stick with me for years, both the good and the bad.
In 2024, I will look for chances to smile, really smile, at what others are offering up to me, and me to them. Time to let go, start to have new adventures, and if I get it in my head to try someplace new to visit, or some new experience to enjoy, I will go for it!
My curiosity to learn and experience hasn’t failed me yet. And it’s had many years to screw things up!

3 Likes

Oh yes, I love the start of the new year and always have plans

I am going to finish clearing and renovations on my mum and dads old house which I inherited and then we’ll move in

3 Likes

We don`t make plans,just go with the flow.
We purchased a static caravan 2 weeks ago on-the-spur-of-the-moment,not brand new,4 years old.
Spent Christmas here and stopping for New Year too,sea views and steam trains less than 20 feet away.

3 Likes

To take up chair yoga, and get into swimming (with my foam noodle).
Carry on with the allotment.
Get on with my writing (without the group).
Try and start on clearing the spare bedrooms.
Declutter elsewhere. (I need Nicky Knowles or Stacey Solomon. Seriously!!!)

2 Likes

@Jazzi

The way forward I found was if it could be used in anywayand I used it I put a little dot on it you know the little stick on circles you get from craft shops like childrens stars (which would do just as well) if at the end of a full year I had not got a sticker on it I thought do I want it; do I like it; do I need it ? answered yes to any of the above it stayed if not it got donated. If it was an ornament dishware etc I did the same do I want it; do I like it; do I need it ? same procedure

Same with clothing first does it fit me? No - out does it suit me now? - no out then had a good sort out and moved it all into the spare room 2xdouble wardrobe when I wear something I replace it in the “using wardrobe” in my room. Then everything in the none using wardrobe got donated to charity. Having the space I have recently completed this with my “hoiliday suitcase items” and nowhave nothing bar a couple of sarongs, flip flops and a few items of clothing in there etc etc

I was ruthless but having sorted out my late uncles items then Dad and Moms and then my Aunt Brenda I decided I would not leave that sort of thing to anyone else it can be heartbreaking.

You can do it as well @Jazzi

I’m the same as Mart as I also hit 80 next year. I beat him by a few months, as mine is in April. Don’t plan to make a big fuss of it all, just be glad to get there. There is an apt quote by the late Mickey Mantle the American Baseball player on getting older, which I can only agree with, “If I knew I was going to get this old, I’d have taken better care of myself!” :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

I am thinking of doing the Big Lap again - ie driving round Australia. If I do it will probably be in April.

The last time was in 2017 however this time I will probably take less time as I have seen a lot of the sights such as the Horizontal Falls, Bungle Bungles, Wave Rock, Pinnacles etc so I will probably drive north from Kalgoorie rather that heading for the coast

Not a certainty yet, only in the planning stage but probably my last chance for such a trip.