1p Mobile UK

My present PAYG service provider is the Phone Co-op Mobile and a virtual network.
This suited me and my intermittent usage up until now, but from 28th Feb this virtual network will cease trading as a PAYG service provider.
I have found another virtual network going by the name of 1p Mobile One year PAYG SIM Card - 1p a Minute, 1p a Text, 1p a MB (1pmobile.com) at a cost of £30 per year which is roughly my annual spend per line. My actual spend over the past 12 months has been £27 on line one and £26 on line two so my costs will not rise.
Has any member any experience of 1p Mobile?

1 Like

Yep I am on it and it works just fine. As I don’t use the phone that often this suites me as the big boys are expensive, I was with EE before this. I think you have to spend a certain amount over three months if not they take the difference and the same with topping up which again is three months I think.

1 Like

That’s good enuf 4 me and my thanks for responding to my question.
I’ll wait until mid Feb then text Co-op for my PAC code and then do the swap :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

£30!!! That’s ridiculous!
I don’t spend much more than £10 a year, if that.
I suppose I mainly use my mobile phone at home (using the internet) now we have no landline, and also if we’re out somewhere offering free internet, like the place where we stayed in York in December.

1p per minute ridiculous? You try to find a PAYG that will cost less that 1p per talking minute. If you do, then I will change to that service provider.

I didn’t say that! I never mentioned 1p per minute. I referred to the £30 minimum per annum.
I can make phone calls for 0p a minute using t’internet!

yes, I put 1p mobile on a couple of mobiles for a trial.

i put a tenner on each.

I didn’t give enough thought to the requirement to use it, at least once, in whatever period.

They took my money!

My fault.

A reminder would have been nice.

1 Like

I will be getting my son to order me one of these SIM cards,…I spend more than £30 on texting a year…what a great idea…:+1:

1 Like

This may be handy, so thanks for that. I use VOIP & use very little bandwidth.

Edited to add. Although, I currently pay less than £30 per year for the sim card & bandwidth I use each year. So maybe not.

1 Like

Interesting to see your costs. I think it is true to say that here most services offer unlimited calls and texts for the fee - the only difference is the data component.

My service provider offers $10 (£5) a month with unlimited domestic calls and texts and 2Gb of data with data banking (ie unused data rolls over)

Because I make a lot of overseas calls my plan costs $25 (£12.50) a month for unlimited domestic and international calls and texts plus 35Gb data, again the data is banked so I currently have a ridiculous 149.36Gb of data available.

As it happened I have just disconnected my VOIP landline because it was never used, it didn’t cost anything but it seems ludicrous to have three phones about the house that never get used - I will drop them off at one of the local op shops to sell.

BTW I have a fibre internet connection to the house, which is why the mobile data is hardly used except when I am travelling.

it all seems a far cry from the days of booking an overseas 3 minute call.

1 Like