12 months ago I became a member of over50schat

I must say it does seem a lot longer than that.
617 topics created. 1,800 posts.
Numerous photos posted. 6,900 hearts given, 2500 hearts received.
I have enjoyed my time here and I hope members have enjoyed my posts.

16 Likes

I don’t know what we’d do without you … this forum would be a lot less fun.

:+1: well done.

6 Likes

:grinning: Thank you for your kind words. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Happy Anniversary Bretrick…And what a brilliant addition to the forum you have been. I always look forward to your interesting and stimulating threads. I don’t know where you get all of your ideas from, but keep them coming… :+1:

3 Likes

You are OK.I suppose.

3 Likes

Add me to the growing list of your fans, Brett!
You are a treasured member of this forum!:heart:

3 Likes

Bretrick, just like to say, Thank You, for becoming the new kid in town :grin:

2 Likes

Your posts are always interesting Bretrik, moreso when you add your lovely photos.

‘Happy 1st Anniversary’! Looking forward to another year of your great posts and pics. :clap::grinning:

4 Likes

Bretrick i only joined in Feb, but i thought you had been here much longer than 12 months - you seem like an old-timer!

Of course i remember you very well from Buzz, and always enjoyed your posts there too.

Happy anniversary! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cheers Brett! Thank you for making this forum interesting, kind and fun. Happy Anniversary!

2 Likes

Well done Brett - I don’t know where you get all your ideas from as well, but keeping them coming :023:

1 Like

I am thanking all of you members who have welcomed me here without reservations.
As I mentioned, it seems longer than 12 months I have been imparting my thoughts, ideas, questions and pictures.
In the preceding 12 months there were 6 days I never logged on. :scream:
I want you all to know the reason I do not respond until 10 - 12 hours later is because my main log on time is 4.15am until 4.55am.
This is because I start work at 5am and am constantly working for those 10 hours.
I am not one to be checking social media ad infinitum.
So, I do respond with either a like or a comment eventually. Rest assured I am ignoring no one.
Right now it is 4.33pm,at home awaiting a call from a car sales person who will let me know how much my MG Excite is worth for a trade in on another vehicle.
I left a specific message, I am only available after 4.30pm. What does Nicolas do? Rings me at 3pm.
Must be a slow learner. Told him I am too bust to talk, ring me at the time I requested.
I am wondering if he will ring at all.
No matter. I am in no hurry to get another vehicle.
Thinking about a Toyota Rav4 or a Mitsubishi ASX. Not new, those prices are stupid.
Rav4? $50,000, ASX? $32,000
There is a lovely blue ASX for $27,999 ++, though 6 years old.
Toyota Rav4 new price is above $65,000. Not going that high.

Anyways, thank you all again for your kind words.

4 Likes

:grinning: Once again - You thing you :joy:

1 Like

I rang the car dealership just now. He asked me how much I wanted for the MG, I asked for $15,000 and he offered $16,000.
So that will be a good chunk off the next vehicle I purchase.
I told him this will not happen immediately but definitely within the week.

1 Like

Rav4 number Brett…please say NOT USD??? I’ve been looking at those for awhile now. Hopefully maybe in another year. Working for 10 hours starting at 5 am sounds gruesome, unless you enjoy what you do.

I have trouble on commute days to get in by 8:30…oh well.

New Rav4s are $60,000.
I am not going to pay that much. Used ones, 2022 are around $35,000, less trade-in. That I am okay with.
Working 10 hours a day is no real problem for me. I have always been an early riser.

i’m not getting new Rav4. hahaha, I’m a couple of years behind on pricing

1 Like

I missed this post somehow but you are a fine addition to the team.

It made me have a look at my membership of this forum which turns out to be almost exactly 12 years. I came here from the now deceased Friends Reunited which had slowly made itself less and less interesting over the years.

2 Likes

Thank you Bruce for your kind words.
I have found this site to be very welcoming with no malice or the like.
Think I will stay a while longer. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Carry on like this and you will graduate into a TL3 in no time Bretrick…(get yer stripes so to speak) :+1:
Stripes

2 Likes