1 year old falls from 7th floor

What an awful tragedy

It is tragic indeed - but how was it able to happen? What were his parents doing?

1 Like

Exactly!
You cannot afford to take your eyes off a small child even for one second as they are so quick.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s amazing the scrapes they an get into in a few minutes

1 Like

@Artangel - Especially if the windows are so accessible.

1 Like

yes, this needs to be questioned for sure. I trying to reserve judgement until I know more, if we ever do find out more that is, but it does seem like it may have been neglect. :frowning:

1 Like

Such a tragedy,the poor little soul.
I do wonder why parents cannot see dangers sometimes.
Why wasnt the safety lock on ?.well if it had one that is.
They will have to live with that,and i can`t imagine that will be easy for them.

2 Likes

“The incident is being treated as a sudden unexpected death in childhood and we ask that people consider the family and respect their privacy at what is clearly a very difficult time for them."

I certainly will respect their privacy and reserve judgement. The family will be having a hard enough time already without any online speculations as to how it happened.

My heart goes out to that little boy and his family.
So tragic.

1 Like

Poor little mite .
Why no window limiters

I have always been scared of young children living in flats, because in hot weather you need to let fresh air in via the windows.
How sad that one little boy has lost his life because the window had no safety device to stop this happening. :cry:

ALL windows in such situations have been required to be fitted with child proof opening restrictors for many years. All I can think is the parent(s) have defeated the mechanism or for some reason not engaged the restrictors.
All of my properties are fitted with key operated restrictors to every opening window as standard.

1 Like

We just say no kids.

We don’t know if there were restrictors on this occasion , but in high buildings where children live they should be compulsory… but I then expect people will claim they prevented them escaping a fire.

I know we can’t prevent all accidents, but common sense can prevent many.

As always, I suspect there is more to this than we know.
I am surprised a baby of just 12 months could even get up to window height though…