Young people march through Glasgow in landmark climate protest

When he is not getting arrested for indecency in London public toilets Alan Jones spouts a load of drivel for Murdoch’s publications, he is as well informed as a carrot pandering to the Trumpian right wing.

4 Likes

Really? That must be a first.

I say good luck to the protesters eventually they will win ,as it’s their future their world not ours …
When you look at the mess our generation has made of the very air we breathe these protests aren’t even on the scale when it comes to measuring pollution.
It least these protesters are out there doing something trying to make a difference not sitting behind their PC screens name calling.

6 Likes

Hear hear…

2 Likes

The man is a total jerk .

maybe everything he says is correct but our generation are the one who now don’t have time to walk kids to and from school we buy the kids the latest gadgets and most take the car every where u only need to see the amount of overweight people in Britain to see most wont walk the length of themselves without taking the car weve changed to central heating in every home everyone has a responsibility to change however im with the kids Also the summit from the ridiculous amount of fuel used to get these vip people to and from the summit to lavish meals,security etc and these vip people are not kids

1 Like

I agree, Caveman…but at the end of the day…if you don’t have time to walk your kids to school, or sit and read to them, perhaps its time to re-evaluate your life? Costa & Starbucks are doing a roaring trade, and not a flask in sight. Just sayin’ :woman_shrugging:

This needs to be highlighted again and again.

1 Like

yes agree but our lives
we are in this together or it hypocrisy

1 Like

Yes…well, lets just hope these youngsters swing the balance then :+1: It has to be a mass attempt and not just a few individuals.

2 Likes

I’m fed up with all of the negative outlooks.

Surely, it would help a lot if we could focus on money being spent, research being done, changes being made, etc to use technology to get the problem fixes in place.?

Let’s hear more about devices for cleaning the atmosphere, the oceans, etc.

Research will be ongoing, somewhere, let’s hear about it!

Bruce quote

When he is not getting arrested for indecency in London public toilets Alan Jones spouts a load of drivel for Murdoch’s publications, he is as well informed as a carrot pandering to the Trumpian right wing. ( end of Quote )

Yet he amassed a huge following… the popularity of his rhetoric opinions made him one of the highest paid for his service.

I didn’t agree with his anti-lockdown opinions, or Covid not being a pandemic, Like Piers Morgan, Katie Hopkins I often don’t agree with them either….But when people say something I agree with, regardless their Political standing or whatever it is I don’t like about them…. I will say I agree strong textstrong text

1 Like

So in layman’s terms, he attacks the elephant in the room, he controversial with his opinions and shouts loudest to get noticed

I don’t know anything of this man before, and I’m not about to go looking. I just agreed with sentiments expressed in the second half of the video. Given that this is the 26th COP (the first one held in Japan in 1997) I am quite concerned that we seem to be going over the same ground time and again, while that very “ground” is falling away from our feet.

2 Likes

Heading for the “Stop here or we’re f**ked” point. Nothing to worry about we’ll all be dead by then so only our kids or grandkids will be affected.

OH! maybe that is why they’re marching?

2 Likes

why does it take a young lady to think of this

the small things help well done to her shame on all these so called experts

1 Like

@Bruce thats so funny and so true excellent bruce

Because young folk are clever and find ways to thrive in adverse circumstances. Folk like us, grew up not needing to think along these lines. Plus India has sunshine…Caveman, just think what WE could do with all that sunshine :joy:

2 Likes

Actually it says “Stop Spilling Oil For Profit.” Which makes no sense to me. Unless they are saying that oil is being spilt in order to create a shortage? I’m just not sure the sign holders frame of reference.

1 Like

I’m not sure what this is means either…but there was an art drama thing on a couple of days ago - only lasted about 20 mins or so, whereby three older women dressed in hazmat gear, got oil poured all over them, and they fell to the ground amidst this huge pool of oil, in a symbolic shaming of the oil companies. Not sure if the two go together, but it was very moving.

1 Like

2 Likes