You Show Me Yours... What Gives it Away?

Incredibly interesting, Boot and I appreciate the education! Your partner’s work on your narrowboat must be a great source of pride for him - and should be. You are sure keeping a beautiful shine on it! There is clearly a great deal of skill that goes into building one and I can see how these narrowboats could have almost a cult following. Just lovely! I asked about maintenance because as much as we love our boat, it is ever in need of maintenance and cosmetic work. Fun but the work never ends!

1 Like

My home areas duel carrigeway. Two single lane country roads divided by a bank. It is only a few hundred yards long & no one really knows why it was built.

We also have these. The sail is designed to make the best use of the wind above hedges, river banks etc. I was once lucky enough to be able to spend a long weekend sailing a Werry around a few of our local rivers & broads.

00Sailing_mainL

3 Likes

Very interesting to see medians in the country, Gee. I can’t recall seeing any in such a remote place. Beautiful sailboat! Is that design very old? Lucky you to have such an adventure on one. :grinning:

Apparently the Norfolk Wherry only dates back to the early 1600’s, so no, not that old.

This is the one I spent a weekend on.

1 Like

Wildlife here tends to be most active at dawn and dusk and they are times I try to avoid travelling on the road out of town. Kangaroos are unpredictable I have a bull bar for a reason :smile:

Deer on the other hand are fair game they are a designated feral pest and I love venison, if I see a young one on the road I don’t slow down, alas I have missed them every time so far, they are too quick.

It’s very risky to be driving around most anywhere in the states at dusk and dawn for the deer population. Looks to me like your a lot more likely to get a steak with a side of angry rancher than any venison :icon_lol:.

Always enjoy your videos. I can see why you don’t take your eyes of the roads very often. Florida is just now completing this 10 ft fence across the entire east west interstate highway in Florida to cut down on wildlife strikes. Of greatest concern is the near-extinct Florida panther.

https://www.fws.gov/uploadedImages/Region_4/NWRS/Zone_2/Southwest_Florida_Gulf_Refuges_Complex/Florida_Panther/Images/Panther%20-%20Profile.jpg?w=493&h=211&mode=crop

1 Like