You know you’re getting old when…

You open an expensive bottle of Pinotage to add into your casserole dish for dinner but you forget to add the wine to your casserole and pop it into the oven! :075:

Guess who is on a second glass of wine :wine_glass:

:100:

What’s your ‘getting old’ moments?

Share your experiences here!

1 Like

Not being able to read the small print even when you are wearing glasses.

2 Likes

Grandparents start looking attractive

2 Likes

Quite a few. In fairness, I was in hospital for some weeks and one of the consequences is Apasia - when a person has difficulty with their language or speech. I’m getting better but it is hugely frustrating at times, So yes, I have odd moments. And with that I’ll share that second glass of wine with you!

1 Like

Go into a room but forget why I went there.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you’re doing better Visitor !

I’m having those moments as well…

… you’ve done some super cool street photography, mixing with the people. But, step onto a bus to find the platform is three inches lower than anticipated, step off the bus to find the pavement is three inches lower than anticipated. All very confusing, but should you make it home in one piece, you’re dead chuffed … till the next time.

2 Likes

Yep, guilty!

:100:

Hey DooD! Glad you made it home in one piece!

… till the next time. :neutral_face:

When the matches won’t light the oven.

8 Likes

:044:

Or leave the room and forget why.

2 Likes

:rofl:

After a few glasses you won’t care so much what dinner tastes like @Minx

When it takes longer to get out of a seat than it took to get into it.

That’s a valid point :037:

When you talk aloud to yourself in the street & people give you funny looks. When you answer yourself they cross the road.

When you forget friends names when you meet them in the street.

2 Likes

I talk to myself ALL the time…

:044:

1 Like

I keep thinking people are talking to me in the street and sometimes answer only to realize they are on their phone.

1 Like